The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
People were seen running, people or one man, i don't know. Gun shots heard - whether t7hey were from undercover cops or the public?

Another eye witness said a man got on the tube, dropped a bag and ran, eye witness said they tried to stop him but he got away.

Sky news.
Reply 61
The tubes have had a variety of incidents. No reports of anyone hurt though. Nail bomb in one of the tube carriages so eyewitnesses say but everyone got out.

Number 26 bus on Hackney Road. Cordened off bus but the eyewitnesses said people were offit and that the bus is still intact but kept away in case theres something else on it that goes off.

3 lines are suspended. Its now been denied that all underground stations are closed.
AT82
So they knew about the bomb before it exploded and the tube incidents are just similier to what happened in Birmingham? I.e just a caution?

No, BBC website has a quote from a woman on a train who said there was a smell of smoke. This fits in with reports of an small explosion (perhaps a detonator) in a backpack which then started to have smoke comig out of it.
Reply 63
"ye witness said they tried to stop him but he got away."

Poor show...
Reply 64
As with last time can people please state their sources before making comments about stuff which has happened, its saves a lot of confusion.
Reply 65
I think pretty much everyone is getting this off BBC and ITN.
This is really serious, I hope that it wasn't a bomb explosion again.
Reply 67
Billistic
Top deck of the bus...backpack letting off a funny smell and was ripped up. Thats all thats been said.

it blew out windows but no-one was hurt (BBC news 24)
I think it was quite right of people to stay away from the terrorist. He could have had explosives trapped to him; letting him get away would be better than catching him and him blowing up everyone around.
Reply 69
1 injury at Warren Street.
Reply 70
Only one personin warren street is injured ITN

Don;t know how bad. Hopefully it was the person who actually set off the nail bomb
Reply 71
Anyone know if there were bombs on the trains and if they were serious? Police aren't treating it as majorly serious just now.
People are getting information from the continuous coverage on BBC and I guess ITV and stuff.
Simon Marks, president and chief correspondent for Feature Story News, was reporting from the Warren Street Underground station for FOX News. He said the area was cordoned off as dozens of fire trucks and emergency vehicles were arriving."I think this looks like much more than a false alarm at this point," Marks told FOX News.

From Fox
Reply 73
Can't believe this - I was at Warren St and in Shoreditch just yesterday.
Reply 74
Smoky backpacks but not actual exploding bombs by the sound of it.

Everything sounds fine at shepherds bush now
ITN again.
What has happened?!?! *rushes to BBC*

This better not mean there will be delays for me tomorrow!!
Reply 76
Beekeeper
This better not mean there will be delays for me tomorrow!!

:rolleyes: yea cos that really matters...
Reply 77
Sounds like a really bad prank if someone's just letting off detonators on the underground.. Sky News just had an eyewitness on who said that someone ran onto the train, dumped a bag and ran off again before the doors closed. Apparently passengers tried to pin him down..
viviki

Number 26 bus on Hackney Road. Cordened off bus but the eyewitnesses said people were offit and that the bus is still intact but kept away in case theres something else on it that goes off.

Sky news had reports that the windows had been blown out. But no injuries.
Reply 79
Xenon
Anyone know if there were bombs on the trains and if they were serious? Police aren't treating it as majorly serious just now.
People are getting information from the continuous coverage on BBC and I guess ITV and stuff.

Just the detonators I think. It seems they could have been put on the trains to cause descruption rather than to threat life.

I am just guessing though but from what I can tell on the news there was no real bomb explosion on the trains. By trains I am talking about the vehciles which pass travel on the underground.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703777.stm

Latest

Trending

Trending