The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Originally Posted by Beekeeper
This better not mean there will be delays for me tomorrow!!

Spoke too soon unfortunately, as the Victoria line (in its entirety) has been closed.
Reply 101
Prad
Where the heck have you heard that..?!

sky news
considering the time of day they've done it (just after peoples lunch breaks so most people are in work) it looks like they may be making a statement instead of killin people.
Reply 103
I really wish people would stop with the hype and scaremongering here - It was like this two weeks ago. At one point people here believed it was 5 trains and 3 buses. Honestly!
viviki
If this is a hoax they should be publically shamed.

if it was a bomb hoax then its a serious criminal offence and they will be in jail for some time.

As for reports of a guy running off, im betting if you saw someone throw a package and then run off you'd take them down. they should realise they are in serious danger of a 21st century lynching.
Reply 105
chemical protection suits but its sure to be precautionary.
ZigZag
I can't actually believe you said that. There are rather more important considerations than your insignificant trivialities.

You better believe it, i bought this ticket weeks ago, and now theres a load of "suspicious incidents" the day before i go to London.

It must be a hoax, terrorists wouldn't attacks again so soon after the last attacks, security is still stupidly high.
zaf1986
Spoke too soon unfortunately, as the Victoria line (in its entirety) has been closed.

Is there a site that is regularly updated where i can keep a check on tube services?

thanks.
Reply 108
What is happening, the world is going mental! I hope it wasnt another terrorist attck!
Xenon
Hey, you know people on the bus said that there was a split in a rucksack and it smelt... Was that because of the detonator going off or because of something else?

I know...that is what I'm thinking now. What with people smelling and seeing smoke. I'll not be happy for a while now...if there was something there, it could take minutes or hours to affect people. I just hope the suits are a precaution and standard practice.
Security isn't as high as it could be (it would be impossible to implement). Nobody searches bags when you get on the tube. It's too easy to take anything on. In order to have max security the tube would have to be permanently shut.
Beekeeper
You better believe it, i bought this ticket weeks ago, and now theres a load of "suspicious incidents" the day before i go to London.

It must be a hoax, terrorists wouldn't attacks again so soon after the last attacks, security is still stupidly high.

If its that "high" then why did "this" happen?
Reply 112
well you can hardly have police on every bus can you. What can they do short of having metal dectectors on every tube and on every bus?
Reply 113
Beekeeper
Is there a site that is regularly updated where i can keep a check on tube services?

thanks.

tfl site maybe
Reply 114
The securrity is high and as viviki just said it would be impossible to get it any better unless themetal detectors are everywhere. This might have just been something else not another attack, lets hope it is.
Reply 115
You could easily have scanning system for the tube. The technology's here and it wouldn't even hold passengers up much.
Reply 116
The things they have in airports the metal detector xray things, maybe those for the tube where you just walk through them? That may work
Reply 117
On BBC 1 it was just declared as a serious incident. Oh dear.
Reply 118
Beekeeper

Woe is you.

Don't you find the threat to British values, culture and constructs of society slightly more of a concern than how you're going to get to WH Smith to buy that pen you’ve always wanted?
If you think security is high, you obviously haven't been on the tube recently. I have travelled on the tube quite a few days since 7/7, and have seen no policemen in tube stations or around.. even on the Friday, the day after.

Latest

Trending

Trending