The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3780
Kagutsuchi
You guys might find this interesting:

Click

:giggle: Amazing. I'm set on eating there sometime in the near future... reservations must be annoyingly scarce though. :frown:

The fifth image (the car repair factory in Japan) looks more like a stylish modern home than anything else. I've always wanted a glass wall for my home... I hope Jenni's seeing this. :giggle:

:eek:what a nice restaurant

we can all see kag in the bath:woo:
skipp
I'm looking :giggle: I'll bear that in mind...the yellow treehouse restaurant on the front page :eek: I wants it...

I do too. :smile: I really hope it wins. :giggle:

London could actually make something like this on Nelson's column. I imagine it'd be quite successful ... and it'd make me happy. :h:
vin
:eek:what a nice restaurant

we can all see kag in the bath:woo:

I imagine you'd be my most frequent visitor. :giggle:
Reply 3783
Kagutsuchi

London could actually make something like this on Nelson's column. I imagine it'd be quite successful ... and it'd make me happy. :h:

:erm: I dont think the column would be able to support such a structure:s-smilie:

Kagutsuchi
I imagine you'd be my most frequent visitor. :giggle:

not to perve on you:frown:
Reply 3784
Kagutsuchi
I do too. :smile: I really hope it wins. :giggle:

It's so pretty :o:
skipp
It's so pretty :o:

Nelson's column? :tongue: I've never found it to be much if i'm honest. One of my earliest memories are set in Trafalgar Square where the column towered over me.

We could just have a nice spiral staircase. :smile:

vin
:erm: I dont think the column would be able to support such a structure:s-smilie:

Renovate it, or knock it down and build another one capable of housing a restraurant which mimics the appearance of a boob.

vin
not to perve on you:frown:

Only for my food. :smile:
Reply 3786
Kagutsuchi
Nelson's column? :tongue: I've never found it to be much if i'm honest. One of my earliest memories are set in Trafalgar Square where the column towered over me.

We could just have a nice spiral staircase. :smile:

Renovate it, or knock it down and build another one capable of housing a restraurant which mimics the appearance of a boob.

I meant the resteraunt :giggle:
Spiral staircases are a must :yep:
Reply 3787
:giggle:

Spoiler

skipp
I meant the resteraunt :giggle:
Spiral staircases are a must :yep:

Oh, I see. :tongue:

I've just been on their website and the view from the inside if just as beautiful. Really amazes me when people bring their imagination to life in cases like this.
Reply 3789
Kagutsuchi

you cant just knock down a 170yr old monument:zomg:
vin
you cant just knock down a 170yr old monument:zomg:

Of course you can. :erm: Nominally it's still meaninful, but it has been forgotten throughout society. No real reason for it to stay.
Reply 3791
Kagutsuchi
Of course you can. :erm: Nominally it's still meaninful, but it has been forgotten throughout society. No real reason for it to stay.

:hmmm: the government would never allow it
caraniel
I'm betting next week will switch to one of the side battles, you know just to kill any kind of tension the way Kubo seems to love doing :indiff: - I just can't get excited about Bleach anymore :dontknow:

Nope, it doesn't switch :p: just read the spoilers
vin
:hmmm: the government would never allow it

Wave enough money in their face and they'll do anything. Most probably the people wouldn't allow it - for superficial reasons of course.
Who's thinking of knocking down a piece of history? :mad:

:security:

"The ruins you destroyed are priceless, and even though history is always being created... Men cannot return to the past. Do you understand!?"
Liquidus Zeromus
Who's thinking of knocking down a piece of history? :mad:

:security:

I am. Though it'd be re-built with a nice open ceiling restaurant. Perhaps a piano on a raised platform in the center... :love:
Kagutsuchi
I am. Though it'd be re-built with a nice open ceiling restaurant. Perhaps a piano on a raised platform in the center... :love:

It would be a replica, not the same thing.
Liquidus Zeromus

"The ruins you destroyed are priceless, and even though history is always being created... Men cannot return to the past. Do you understand!?"

I'm always confused as to where you've gotten on One Piece with where Vin has gotten. :tongue: Did you enjoy the sky island arc then?

Re-built in the exact same appearance yet stronger and more refined. :erm: The meaning is still captured.
Liquidus Zeromus
It would be a replica, not the same thing.

Quite trivial if i'm honest. The appearance would be duplicated and the meaning of the monument - which arguably makes the monument what it is - would still be there (even though one could state the meaning is already forgotten :erm:).
Kagutsuchi
I'm always confused as to where you've gotten on One Piece with where Vin has gotten. :tongue: Did you enjoy the sky island arc then?

Re-built in the exact same appearance yet stronger and more refined. :erm: The meaning is still captured.

I'm at episode 231 now :h:

Skypiea was awesome :biggrin: Conis-chan :love:

I think the only thing we should do is modernise it. A perfect replica of the statue of liberty might look identical, but it won't mean as much. The value of structures increases with the age of their original materials. We should maintain the originals and keep them living, not try and "modernise" them like that.

Latest