The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I like the music they play :dontknow: I just dont listen to it often because they talk far too much. Its not ******* LBC Radio!!

Although the hip hop remixes they do at night is good
Reply 41
I used to listen to radio 1 all the time but im sick of it now. Chris Moyles needs bringing down a peg or two - far too arrogant.

Used to really like Fearne Cotton but annoyed that she always seems to be talking about the gig that she got free tickets to the night before.

I think radio in general is a bit **** now...i'm yet to find anything decent to listen to in the mornings.
Hm, where do I start:

Chris Moyles and his incessant banter/lack of music in the morning

Fearne Cotton's whinging voice

Reggie Yates

The overhyping of EVERYTHING

A serious lack of good presenters; all of the 'good' ones have either moved on, or are on 6Music

Newsbeat - hipping up the news for the kidz

The fact that it's never good unless Huw Stephens or Bethan Elfyn are there

Everything is played 20gazillion times in a day. "....Florence and the Machine!" "Florence and the Machine..." "Florence Welch, from Florence and the Machine" GO AWAY!

All of the above, but especially the fact that it is never good because the music is always the same. There is no variation on the daytime playlist; the request show basically lets people ask for...the daytime playlist...and even in the evening there is no real sense of "new music". I either have to sit with 6Music on my laptop or wait for Radcliffe and Maconie on Radio 2; or hope Huw and Bethan are on doing some sort of BBC Introducing thing. Even Zane Lowe's "new music" is either old, or he hypes it up so much that it's unbearable.

Still, I listen to it for background noise. :rolleyes:
Chris Moyles :nothing:

'nuff said.
CatatonicStupor
Hm, where do I start:

Chris Moyles and his incessant banter/lack of music in the morning

Fearne Cotton's whinging voice

Reggie Yates

The overhyping of EVERYTHING

A serious lack of good presenters; all of the 'good' ones have either moved on, or are on 6Music

Newsbeat - hipping up the news for the kidz

The fact that it's never good unless Huw Stephens or Bethan Elfyn are there

Everything is played 20gazillion times in a day. "....Florence and the Machine!" "Florence and the Machine..." "Florence Welch, from Florence and the Machine" GO AWAY!

All of the above, but especially the fact that it is never good because the music is always the same. There is no variation on the daytime playlist; the request show basically lets people ask for...the daytime playlist...and even in the evening there is no real sense of "new music". I either have to sit with 6Music on my laptop or wait for Radcliffe and Maconie on Radio 2; or hope Huw and Bethan are on doing some sort of BBC Introducing thing. Even Zane Lowe's "new music" is either old, or he hypes it up so much that it's unbearable.

Still, I listen to it for background noise. :rolleyes:

Okay you've basically summed up my thoughts perfectly on this matter.
Reply 45
Fern Cotton, Greg James and Scott Mills :indiff: they are terrible.
Reply 46
Chris Moyles. Unfunny, rude and plays about 5 songs throughout the course of his whole show.

I only listen to Greg James, Scott Mills and Sara Cox now. And sometimes Jo Whiley, she plays good music. :smile:
I like Zane Low's show for the music, but I hate him. He's such a brown-nose.

I love Chris Moyle's show, mostly for the banter. The music he plays is terrible, though.

Scott Mills is great.

Sarah Cox will never shut up about her children!
I've never bothered with the radio but I can imagine them repeating the same songs and generally having a poor variety along with too much talking and too many adverts.

Going by what others have said in this thread my assumptions seem to be correct. ;p
Reply 49
When i happen to hear: "Dammmmmmmmmmmmn, It's WESTWOOD GOIN' DOWN ON RADIO 1 - SHOUT OUT TO ALL MY CATS ON THE STREET!!"

I got sick of his show and hence, radio 1 is a radio station I no longer listen to.
Reply 50
MazalTov89
Everything. Much prefer Radio 4, especially the Shipping Forecast :love:

My favourite way to fall asleep :smile:

Radio 1 is ok for background noise when I'm not really listening,I like Scott Mills but Sara Cox irritates me no end. I prefer 6music. They play music older than a couple of years old and they read out my text once so I automatically like them.
Reply 51
The DJs. I can only listen to Scott Mills and Sarah Cox
i <3 radio1 generally in the morning (Chris Moyles !!!!) and afternoon anything past 6 and its off!
Reply 53
Everything apart from Zane Lowe and The Breezeblock.
The fact that it only plays good music after midnight.
When I hit my stereo because I think it's skipping, then I just realise it's some inane 'song' on radio one.

I'm not saying I hate it all, I'm just saying I hate some of it very much.
Reply 56
Scott Mills, that Dev bloke and the fact they play the same crappy music over and over again!

That said, I do like a bit of Chris Moyles and Zane Lowe
voice over music. :angry:
Reply 58
the fact that at weekends, there is no structure. one saturday it could be vernon kay at 10am, then the next week it's sara cox, then the one after that it's nihal, or some unknown DJ from 1extra.

dont get me started on nihal. if i hear him say "that's a big look" one more time...:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
The fact that the DJ's seem to think that they're some kind of star and that we tune in to listen to them talking then when they do shut up, they play some rubbish song off the playlist that they have to stick to. All it is all day until Scott Mills finishes is different idiots playing the same rubbish. The only bit I like (if they still do it) is the Golden Hour on a friday morning.

Latest