Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    quite dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. yeah yeah yeah, they all say pale skin+dark hair and eyes is good looking but i have always got the impression i look like a freak with my skin colour.
    Seriously just try and embrace it, I'm quite pale and I used to hate it and try and put fake tan on all the time. Didn't really get me anywhere I just looked like an orange **** tbh and cringe when I look back :yep: I don't wear the fake tan anymore and use makeup that actually suits my skin tone and its done me the world of good. I feel so much more confident in myself and would say I'm attractive enough now without sounding big headed! The sooner you learn to like the sooner everyone else will. I'm sure noone thinks you're unattractive anyways.

(Original post by Becksy163)
    Seriously just try and embrace it, I'm quite pale and I used to hate it and try and put fake tan on all the time. Didn't really get me anywhere I just looked like an orange **** tbh and cringe when I look back http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yep.gif I don't wear the fake tan anymore and use makeup that actually suits my skin tone and its done me the world of good. I feel so much more confident in myself and would say I'm attractive enough now without sounding big headed! The sooner you learn to like the sooner everyone else will. I'm sure noone thinks you're unattractive anyways.
    your a girl. you can use makeup. i cant without looking gay and getting more horrible comments:mad:

ReputationRep:
    your a girl. you can use makeup. i cant without looking gay and getting more horrible comments:mad:
    I see your point but at the same time I have to wear makeup that suits my skin tone, i.e. pale makeup. Yeah it makes me look a bit prettier but it doesn't cover up the fact that I've got pale skin. If I wore makeup dark enough to make it look like I wasn't pale I'd be going out with a dark face and white neck. Would look a bit rediculous tbh lol.

ReputationRep:
    if a guy was so pale that it was his defining feature (something everyone always noticed, either commented on to his face, talked about behind his back or at least thought 'hes the whitest guy i've ever seen'), what would you girls think? i'm at my wits end with *****y comments from people and annoying staring by other people at me. there's nothing else wrong with me - i look like a perfectly normal guy, good diet, good hygiene, good looking clothes. i would look pretty attractive if it were not for the really pale skin. what would you think of me?

awwww poor bloke. Not everyone thinks like that that though. I'm black and I really like pale skin. I like dark skin too but many of my crushes have been on very pale people. I quite like red hair too.....
    All I'm saying is not to worry too much as there's someone for everyone. Make it part of your look as somone else mentioned.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.