The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Cambridge ask I think.
Reply 2
Justbuildingmydam
Does anybody know whether Oxbridge knows/cares whether you retake exams, and if so, do they ask to see how you did the first time?

For Cambridge, when you apply, the University makes you fill out another online form, where you have to state if you are resitting any modules. I applied to Cambridge expecting to resit a module I recieved a D in and they didn't find this a problem.
triste91
For Cambridge, when you apply, the University makes you fill out another online form, where you have to state if you are resitting any modules. I applied to Cambridge expecting to resit a module I recieved a D in and they didn't find this a problem.

Thank you, that is encouraging. :smile:
Reply 4
triste91

What if you just don't tell them?...I sat 4 maths modules in jan of my lower sixth year instead of just 2...Can i just let them think I sat two in jan and the rest in june?...This would all be in my first year so before applying.
Ryan222
What if you just don't tell them?...I sat 4 maths modules in jan of my lower sixth year instead of just 2...Can i just let them think I sat two in jan and the rest in june?...This would all be in my first year so before applying.

In those circumstances you are admitting that you believe yourself to be a weak candidate that won't get in unless you cheat and are probably wasting everyone's time.
Reply 6
Good bloke
In those circumstances you are admitting that you believe yourself to be a weak candidate that won't get in unless you cheat and are probably wasting everyone's time.

No I don't want to cheat...sorry you misunderstand me..Iam still learning about whats allowed and whats not allowed with uni applications..In fact I have no clue..so that initself probably does make me a weak candidate!:o:

I take it what I suggested isn't allowed then?...I have to declare all my modules?
Ryan222
No I don't want to cheat...sorry you misunderstand me..Iam still learning about whats allowed and whats not allowed with uni applications..In fact I have no clue..so that initself probably does make me a weak candidate!:o:

I take it what I suggested isn't allowed then?...I have to declare all my modules?

If you apply to Cambridge you will have to declare every single exam you have ever taken from, GCSEs onwards, including every failure and every re-sit, and also including UMS marks for all A level modules.

Latest

Trending

Trending