Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know whether Oxbridge knows/cares whether you retake exams, and if so, do they ask to see how you did the first time?

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge ask I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justbuildingmydam)
    Does anybody know whether Oxbridge knows/cares whether you retake exams, and if so, do they ask to see how you did the first time?
    For Cambridge, when you apply, the University makes you fill out another online form, where you have to state if you are resitting any modules. I applied to Cambridge expecting to resit a module I recieved a D in and they didn't find this a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triste91)
    For Cambridge, when you apply, the University makes you fill out another online form, where you have to state if you are resitting any modules. I applied to Cambridge expecting to resit a module I recieved a D in and they didn't find this a problem.
    Thank you, that is encouraging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triste91)

What if you just don't tell them?...I sat 4 maths modules in jan of my lower sixth year instead of just 2...Can i just let them think I sat two in jan and the rest in june?...This would all be in my first year so before applying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan222)
    What if you just don't tell them?...I sat 4 maths modules in jan of my lower sixth year instead of just 2...Can i just let them think I sat two in jan and the rest in june?...This would all be in my first year so before applying.
    In those circumstances you are admitting that you believe yourself to be a weak candidate that won't get in unless you cheat and are probably wasting everyone's time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    In those circumstances you are admitting that you believe yourself to be a weak candidate that won't get in unless you cheat and are probably wasting everyone's time.

No I don't want to cheat...sorry you misunderstand me..Iam still learning about whats allowed and whats not allowed with uni applications..In fact I have no clue..so that initself probably does make me a weak candidate!:o:

I take it what I suggested isn't allowed then?...I have to declare all my modules?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan222)
    No I don't want to cheat...sorry you misunderstand me..Iam still learning about whats allowed and whats not allowed with uni applications..In fact I have no clue..so that initself probably does make me a weak candidate!:o:

I take it what I suggested isn't allowed then?...I have to declare all my modules?
    If you apply to Cambridge you will have to declare every single exam you have ever taken from, GCSEs onwards, including every failure and every re-sit, and also including UMS marks for all A level modules.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.