The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Human Sciences

Hey, anyone who knows someone or is doing this course. What is it like, would you recommend, employability and social life?
Any insight would be good as I’m considering this course
Thank you
Reply 1
I did this course 2020-2023.
I definitely recommend it, you get so much choice in your modules so you can really tailor your experience and that helps when looking for a job/ graduate education.
Social life at UCL is great and the course is really small so you get to know people on it well.
Feel free to ask me any other questions!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by elora33
I did this course 2020-2023.
I definitely recommend it, you get so much choice in your modules so you can really tailor your experience and that helps when looking for a job/ graduate education.
Social life at UCL is great and the course is really small so you get to know people on it well.
Feel free to ask me any other questions!
Thank you!
I checked the modules on the course page and was wondering if that was only a select few modules out of a wider range. Preferably in biosciences.
Reply 3
Original post by Zyan265
Thank you!
I checked the modules on the course page and was wondering if that was only a select few modules out of a wider range. Preferably in biosciences.
Basically in your second and third year you have 30 credits obligatory.
The next 30 credits (2 modules usually) you can take any Bioscience and/or Anthropology module that you have the prerequisites for (level 5 in 2nd year and level 6 in 3rd year).
The next 45 credits (3 modules) can be taken from any faculty that has "Science" in the same so it can be philosophy, history, neuroscience, psychology,...
The final 15 credits can be taken from anywhere as long as the module lead will let you.
If you look through UCL's module catalogue, you should be able to get an idea of the modules available: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/module-catalogue/?collection=drupal-module-catalogue&facetsort=alpha&num_ranks=20&daat=10000&sort=title
At the end of 1st and 2nd year you'll choose your modules by going through that catalogue and seeing all the ones you may be eligible for depending on the prerequisites.
Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending