Turn on thread page Beta

Why Keele over PCMD? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me a reason for any reason to go keele over peninsula? I havent been to either place.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    1) Dissection

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'd choose Peninsula. At Keele you're in the middle of no where. It would be quite boring.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jazzyyazzy6)
    Personally I'd choose Peninsula. At Keele you're in the middle of no where. It would be quite boring.
    Then again being allocated to exeter for Yr 1 and 2, where the main university campus is on the other side of the city.

You kinda isolated.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    For Me Plymouth > Keele > Exeter.

ReputationRep:
    as above
    keele is pretty much in the middle of no where
    my sister went there and she could only cope with it because she horse rides
    nice campus though...

ReputationRep:
    On the open day the best part was when a student answered "What is your social life like?" with the following:

It's great, we have great places to go out. We're only twenty minutes on the train away from Birmingham. The city has a great night life.

I know the city has a great night life, I live there. If I wanted to continue it at uni, I'd apply to Birmingham and save myself a few quid by living at home. Pft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionaflowers)
    nice campus though...
    I know! Why does it have to be in the middle of nowhere!?
    I'd have def applied had the location been better.

ReputationRep:
    I've not applied to keele but my college is about ten minutes away from it and i know a lot of people studying there. It's not the busiest of places but to be honest i disagree that its in the middle of nowhere. There are definitely a lot of places to go night-life wise and not just birmingham or manchester (though they are just half an hour away on a cheap train) - clubbing wise monday nights, friday nights and saturday nights are usually packed with people and there are other days when its still pretty full. The campus is amazing, very pretty and they have a lot of stuff on throughout the year. I've been to loads of gigs there in recent years and there's a really good atmosphere on campus. Very relaxed but at the same time theres a good atmosphere for studying as well. I can't tell u much about pcmd but keele definitely seems a good uni to me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 28, 2010

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.