The Student Room Group

Psychology PY4 (WJEC)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
an A would be nice .. but i wont get that because i need to get an A tmrw for that.. im aiming at a B ..thats if i get a high C tommorw.. if not then il get a C .. with a U Grade tmrw.. lol..but i need a B to get into uni.. bcoz the rest of my exams have been sh*t
Reply 461
Humz09
an A would be nice .. but i wont get that because i need to get an A tmrw for that.. im aiming at a B ..thats if i get a high C tommorw.. if not then il get a C .. with a U Grade tmrw.. lol..but i need a B to get into uni.. bcoz the rest of my exams have been sh*t

exactly same position, to even get a C i need a high grade U which the way things are going doesn't seem likely
i'm so tired on top of all that :yawn:
Reply 462
I honstly dont know whats going to happen we shouldnt even be on this.. we should be revising well craming all our notes in .. im just going to revise the one iv got notes for and hope the rest dont come up lol
Reply 463
Humz09
I honstly dont know whats going to happen we shouldnt even be on this.. we should be revising well craming all our notes in .. im just going to revise the one iv got notes for and hope the rest dont come up lol

true, im staying up all night so hopefully should get atleast ten crammed in
whats your method of learning all the information though? :confused:
i just can't do it
Reply 464
just reading all word for word.. talking to my self and then try writing everything down what ive learnt .. or just talking to myself seeing if ive remembered it.. it workd for the other units .. what about yours ?
Reply 465
B_i1a1
last minute revision!
can any one help please i'v been so busy with other exams i have totally left py4 out
i don't know any of the essays!
anyone recommend a good way to learn them for tomorrow? i was thinking about just doing 2 topics and controversies, which is easiest out of these?
memory, abnormal and forensic

but i don't know where to start, does anyone have any model answers they can send?
any help would make a lot of difference :o:
things aren't looking to good atm

I'm trying to learn abnormal now and I'm finding it really diffucult :frown: the advantage is that you can learn the same treatments bar a few tweaks but I'd say forensics is easiest, believe it or not, even though I sdtarted off by thinking it was the hardest :\ memory is ok except the disorders! gah!
Reply 466
http://www.ic.arizona.edu/ic/wrightr/other/sq3r.html this might help some of you :smile: our psychology teacher told us about this S23R method, I don't have the patience to do it personally.
Reply 467
mel0n
I'm trying to learn abnormal now and I'm finding it really diffucult :frown: the advantage is that you can learn the same treatments bar a few tweaks but I'd say forensics is easiest, believe it or not, even though I sdtarted off by thinking it was the hardest :\ memory is ok except the disorders! gah!

i think im pretty much screwed tbh
i have no model answers but aa few notes
i'll leave abnormal out then i guess
thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 468
Right so far I know about 16 essays out of the 20

Need to go over
culture bias
gender bias

Need to actually make an essay plan for
nature/nurture
disorders of memory

I hope everyone is feeling a little confident in the paper atleast. I'm just learning lots of studies and evaluation. I actually think I might miss out on A01 instead lol. Because for some essays there isnt much to explain but theres lots of studies used to support/contradict.

Melon - dont know how you find forensics easier to memorise I think its quite hard :o: like my jury essay is quite poor and so is my ewt.
Controversies is easy to memorise but its hard to construct the essays in the first place

Well I'm gonna try doing some solid revision in a second. Tomorrow Im going to brush over each essay and try going over all the 200 or so research studies I need to know -___-
hate the culture/gender bias =.=
hopefully the forensic ones will come up :biggrin:
Reply 470
does anybody please have any advice of what to include in the trmt and punishment of crime?including research/examples. im really struggling with it.
do you think it'll be possible to get away with making up studies/research?
i mean there's no way the examiner's gonna know every piece of research ever and they won't look up ones they dont?
i was thinking of making up studies if i go blank, and making sure how i say if it supports/contradicts. hopefully can get away with the odd one
ah the odd one... probably wont get away with several studies for each essay then
Reply 474
Hmm, I suppose they could potentially penalise you should they realise what you’ve attempted to do.
Reply 475
Does anyone have the spec paper for this exam? or can tell me where to find it? have found stuff on spec usually doesnt come up or only a small part of it does?
Reply 476
Hope nature nurture comes up :frown: I want a choice in the exam but we've not done the ethical costs or whatever it is. Gah, still gotta go over memory!!!
Reply 477
Anyone have any idea of what may come up tomorrow? I suspect something on Schizophrenia will come, whether it be treatments or causes.
Reply 478
paula3412
Does anyone have the spec paper for this exam? or can tell me where to find it? have found stuff on spec usually doesnt come up or only a small part of it does?

It's on the first page :/ first post.

And also, that's not really a good idea. My teacher used to help write questions for aqa or something and said they'd purposely put up some of the same material or questions from specimens and from the last exam because students tend to not bother learning them.
Reply 479
mel0n
Hope nature nurture comes up :frown: I want a choice in the exam but we've not done the ethical costs or whatever it is. Gah, still gotta go over memory!!!

i did this ethical costs one earlier, its exactly the same as the one from py3, "dealing with ehtical issues in humans" you literally explain what cost benefit analysis is, say the 5 ethical issues. Do a paragraph on each statinf how the issue arrises, a piece of research that breached it, the issue with this and why it was necessary. Then in your conclusion say all researchers much do cost-benefit analysis before undertaking and research and breaching ethical issues. But say although breaching ethical issues is bad it is required to gain the in depth knowledge and results that have benefitted society.

Hope that helped lol, VERY BRIEF :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending