The Student Room Group

What should I do?

I am in a relationship, I really like my boyfriend and enjoy having fun with him, we have only been together a few months and don't see each other that regularly but I have been very happy with the situation, especially as I didnt want a relationship before I met him.

However, a little while ago, he started telling me he loved me. This was really hard because although I like being with him, I couldnt say i am in love with him and to be honest i dont feel like he is the one or anything like that. and dont say that im lying to myself or shouldnt be with him, because as i said, i really like the setup we have.

i kept avoiding the topic when he said it to me, and he didnt seem to notice i wasnt saying it back in those words. what i should have done is just spoken to him about it.

the problem is, shortly after this i love you business started we went out, and got very very intoxicated (put it this way, not on booze) and i said it back....lots. this was at his leaving party, but he comes back in two weeks. the worst part is, now i've started saying it i STUPIDLY have carried on with it...because you can't exactly be like you know what i said about loving you, i don't, i was just really ******.

because we've just been facebooking or skyping or whatever it's been easier to avoid, but i dont know what to do when he comes back! as i said, i really want to stay with him!
i have also been aware from the start of the relationship that he likes me more than i like him...

any advice?
Reply 1
Well maybe you should tell him that you don't want to get too serious just yet? It sounds like he's really falling for you and that's not fair on him if he wants more! Just say you want to keep it quite light & fun. See what he says to that. You might find that he's thinking the same, you never know!

Latest

Trending

Trending