The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick firmers 2010 :)

Scroll to see replies

cuaaw
While it doesn't look like the most explosively fun orientation as far as the programming goes, it's probably worth the head start in terms of making new friends and getting settled in early. If you don't want to attend one of the lectures or trips, you could probably just get a drink with some new pals or something. I've signed up, and I'm pretty excited for it.

What course are you doing, where in the States are you from?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Focus08
What course are you doing, where in the States are you from?

I'm studying Psychology, and I'm from the area around Portland, Oregon. Best city in the US in my opinion. :smile:
I'm doing the orientation thing, too. I signed up today :yep:
Reply 1003
I randomly post in this thread to express excitement at going. Hello Focus!

WARWICK PEOPLE.
This thread is getting slower, come on people need to keep it going till results day, it'll surely pick up then. :p:

You IBers who know you're definitely going, What Socs you guys planning to join?
Undergraduates can enrol online from September 13

Source
Reply 1006
so that means we'll have to enrol before we'll be able to book the arrivals weekend coach service from heathrow?
Reply 1007
enrolment and the coach are unrelated - is all fine :yep:
I hope accommodation will let me move in a couple of days before orientation begins. At least I got my spot confirmation today, so my presence there is assured. :smile:

As for socs, I have my eye on student radio, wine and whisky society, chamber music, shisha society, new writing, gin and tonic society, and a number of others. There are almost too many good societies at Warwick; it'll be hard to decide which to join.
cuaaw
I hope accommodation will let me move in a couple of days before orientation begins. At least I got my spot confirmation today, so my presence there is assured. :smile:

As for socs, I have my eye on student radio, wine and whisky society, chamber music, shisha society, new writing, gin and tonic society, and a number of others. There are almost too many good societies at Warwick; it'll be hard to decide which to join.

lolwut?
Anyone going on the International Orientation, please click here and join the forum! :yep:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=26693696#post26693696

Thanks (:
fruttidee
hey everyone, i got the grades and i'll be doing economics this october! :smile:)

I'm EU and wondering about international orientation.
Are you coming? And is it worth it?

It's always good to meet other students earlier and make friends already, but orientation is kinda pricy and some parts of it - pretty pointless for me.
i wouldn't be able to get the airport pickup anyway (since wizzair doesnt fly to heathrow) and the oxford trip is simply hillarious - it's like the slap in the face to all oxbridge rejects settling for warwick. plus anyone could go on a coventry trip on their own. i've been to britain plenty of times so i don't really need the lectures about british culture.
the talks about banks and stuff could be pretty usefull but you could probably find all the required info on the internet. the only real advantage of orientation is few more days to make friends and party before the term starts but is it worth the money?

it seems to me that the orientation is more concentrated on international than EU students. so are any of you, EU students, coming?

hey am going to study economics as well. i havent signed up for orientation yet cause of exactly the same reasons. am not particularly keen to visit coventry and oxford.

i am not from EU though
Ultimatewhiner
hey am going to study economics as well. i havent signed up for orientation yet cause of exactly the same reasons. am not particularly keen to visit coventry and oxford.

i am not from EU though

hey, i've decided to go anyway. sent the application today. the trips are kinda dull but hey, it's 4 extra days u' get to meet people and have some fun :wink:
cuaaw

There's a gin&tonic soiciety??? :p: :woo: And i thought i was the only person who enjoyed a g&t like some middle aged woman!
Ive applied for Psy too btw :smile:
fruttidee
hey, i've decided to go anyway. sent the application today. the trips are kinda dull but hey, it's 4 extra days u' get to meet people and have some fun :wink:

true. and where you from?
Reply 1015
Yep :smile: going to start studying Management in October, can't wait. :woo: Anybody else going to the business school?
I had you down as 100% certain of meeting your offer. What the hell happened?

And never say never until the 19th. :yy:
Reply 1017
Jokingly
Yep :smile: going to start studying Management in October, can't wait. :woo: Anybody else going to the business school?

Yep :smile: im going to the business school! But for accounting and finance!
lol, don't make me laugh mate, you definitley got your offer. You're like one of the smartest people i have seen on here, early congrats i guess :smile: :yep:

Btw, i need help on a question, is it ok if i PM you??
Man, i stalk everyone's posts when i am bored and have nothing to do :p: :biggrin:

I would ask on the maths forum but some wiseass will just point me to a wikipedia article(it's happened on a few occassions lol)

btw, "tempting fate" this ain't some love storyline going on here, never use words like those in the same sentence, just sounds wrong lol...

Quick Reply

Latest