The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If your weakness in English is Close Reading, I'd advise you to buy or borrow "How to pass Higher English" By Anne Bridges. I got a B in my prelim, and then read that book, and ended up with a band 1 A in the real exam :smile:
If Essays are your weakness, you'll have to find out which aspect is weak (understanding, analysis, or evaluation) and work on that.

As for Higher History... find out where your weak points are as well and just work on them. Oh, and make sure the information you write down in essays and source work and to the point. Time management is quite important in the exam :P Other than that, you just have to know the facts of most of your topics and i'd advise you to learn some historians quotations as well :smile:
Reply 2
I do both Higher History and English, getting an A & B in my prelims. I found that How to Pass Higher English is really good for Close reading as stated above. For history give your teachers extra essays to mark that you've done at home and quotes are really useful too :smile:
Reply 3
paper 2 in history is so hard :frown: I hate it
Reply 4
How to Pass books are the way to go..
Reply 5
stefany-a
paper 2 in history is so hard :frown: I hate it

Really? :confused: What topic are you doing ?

I found the source work relatively easy at Higher, i didnt even revise my paper 2 topic cause the sources pretty much hint at what you need to talk about... Then again I did "Appeasement and the Road to War", so maybe it was just an easier topic :p:

AH source work is annoying tho... you have to go in quite a bit of depth just for one mark :mad:
Reply 6
Gordon_pk
Really? :confused: What topic are you doing ?

I found the source work relatively easy at Higher, i didnt even revise my paper 2 topic cause the sources pretty much hint at what you need to talk about... Then again I did "Appeasement and the Road to War", so maybe it was just an easier topic :p:

AH source work is annoying tho... you have to go in quite a bit of depth just for one mark :mad:

i totally agree! i do Appeasement as well and find it quite easy, although some people in my class find it harder than paper 1... x

Latest

Trending

Trending