The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I took my GCSEs in 2005, but my target grades were 9 A* and 1A. I achieved 10 A* grades.
My school says 8A*s and 4As. I'd like to raise one or two of those A grades, but i'll still be happy with those on results day if i don't. :smile:
Reply 82
im predicted 9A* A and a B i'll be happy with it but would like to get rid of the B lol
Reply 83
maths - A*
english language - C (would like B)
english literature - B
chemistry - A
physics - A
biology - B
geography - A*
religious studies - A*
home economics - A
Reply 84
I'm predicted straight A's :smile:

In my mocks I got 2A*, 6A and 2B with no revision... I've revised loads for these exams now so I'm hoping for maybe 4A* 6A :smile:
I'm aiming for at least 6A* and 7A, and at most 9A* and 4A
(already have A* math and B ex.arts)
:') and maybe an A in Core1?
Reply 86
I'm aiming for:
English Lit: A*
English Language: A
Maths: A*
Further Maths: A/B
ICT: 2 Cs, CBA to get higher
Expressive Arts: C, but hopefully my controlled assessment/coursework redrafts will go well and I'll get a B. I hate this subject, I wish I did proper Art instead!
Spanish: A* (I got an A* in the mock! :smile:)
Additional Science: A, maybe an A*
Core Science: I already have an A
Citizenship 1/2: A*, don't really care if I get an A
RS 1/2: A.
Resistant Materials: A
History: A, but panicking because I got a C in the mock
Reply 87
Erm...
7.5A*s + 2 As + 2 As (Distinction) from ICT - which is a joke tbh.
Got a B in expressive arts which was complusory in year 9 lol :P
Well my predictions have gone up recently to 1A*, 7A's and 4 B's which I don't think is going to happen... probably more likely 8B's and 4A's. I feel quite stupid really because there are so many people on TSR who have got/are getting straight A/A*s!
Reply 89
English - a
English Lit - a
maths - a*
Physics - a*
Chemistry - a*
Biology - a*
Business studies - a/a* depending if i can bother to revise...
ICT - a/a* same as B.S really...
Drama - a - i hope! but its really hard to get the right detail in :s-smilie: teachers rubbish too :s-smilie:
French - a
German - a (id like to get one language up to a* but im not gonna :frown:)
Citzenship - a? dont particulary care... its only a half
Gah. Well, I hate GCSE's, but I'm hoping for...

English: A*
English Lit - A*
Maths - B (or C, B would be awesome though!)
Science - BB
French - A (or A* because im crazy)
German - A
Art - C (I totally under estimated this subject, I thought it was an easy option, MY GOD IT ISNT!)
ICT - Merit (or Distinction)

I have no idea if i've missed anything. But yes. My teachers seem to think I can get those grades. Ooer, they must be mad. haha
My mocks I got:
English Lang:A*
English Lit:A*
French:A*
Physics:A*
Maths:A
Geography:A
Spanish:A
Chemistry: A (1% off A*)
Biology: A
RS: B =[

Interestingly, my only grade that is predicted A and not A* is Physics!
Aiming for all A*s, doing Geography, Maths, Politics and Economics. Need 6 Bs to go to my new school as my current one got rid of Economics because only 11% were As last year. Boarding school, here I come!

Anyone else in a procrastinating mood? I'm meant to be studying collision theory but somehow have had enough for today. Still have falling objects in physics to do and animal and plant cells.

Meanwhile, it is a lovely sunny day outside. Come to think of it, I haven't been outside for 4 days! x
The targets my teachers have given me are straight A*'s and in my mocks I got 8 A* and 4 A (one of which was in Additional Maths where A is the highest) And I've already got 2A* and 1 A.
I'm hoping I can raise the A I got in Russian to an A* but I'm happy with the A's I got in English Lang and Lit.
Reply 93
You guys are good... all those A*s, 0o any advice?
Lol... I must be under achieving as everyone here seems to be aiming A*A*A*A*A*A*A**A* ect ect, and I am only hoping for 5A* and 3As, or 4A* and 4As at the most, though two of those A* are BTECs so in theory, only 6A-A*.
Reply 95
@ Awesomesauce [Nice name]

Yeh... me too. everyone here seems to be getting average 8*s... are you guys really gonna get those. if you are really confident share your advice :biggrin:
I'd love to share my advice on how I got them, but honestly I have no tricks. I hardly did any revision for my mocks (actually for my history exam the only revision I did do was on the way home from London at about 9pm the night before and then right before the exam my friend told me that she'd got a life threatening illness).

All I can say is try not to worry too much, be confident in your abilities and just tell yourself that you'll do the best that you can do. That's what I try to do.
Reply 97
:P

Cheers... i cannot cope with english! i find it so hard to get A*s
Cheungieee
:P

Cheers... i cannot cope with english! i find it so hard to get A*s

English is really hard to get an A* in. I do OCR and in each essay you need to get at least 28 out of 30 for it to be A* and it can be very personal-opinion based when marked. I got 27 in my mock which was an A but my English teacher put an A* on my report because that's what I deserved. But I don't see how I can improve. That's why I'm more than happy with an A in the subject.
I think I will get all A*s apart from perhaps 2 As in English which I will be extremely happy with :smile:

Latest