The Student Room Group

Kings college hospital work experience, 'lie' or be honest?

Might be a stupid question but...

I'm applying for work experience with Kings College Hospital via e-mail and I've been asked to say which universities I'm applying to (they are Imperial, UCL, Kings and Cambridge or something else... not sure yet) and which one is my preferred first choice. So do I not necessarily tell the truth and say Kings because the placement is there??? (I mean, why else are they asking that question?) actually I'm not even sure how tied the university is to the hospital, its not even mentioned in the prospectus.

Advice please and thank you.
Reply 1
I would. It probably won't make a difference, but it's not like they'll even know. I didn't know they were allowed to ask to be honest, no work experience has ever asked me =/
Reply 2
Yeah get a lie in
Reply 3
Obviously, you're going to say Kings :biggrin:
Reply 4
I applied there before, and if you dont say Kings they wont even consider you for the placement, so definitely lie.
Reply 5
kings is one of your preferred choices out of the 24 or so med schools.

therefore its pretty much a preference, and its not a lie to say it a preferred choice for you.

not like you are going to dundee in preference is it hehe
You might want to name 4 different choices, it's a bit odd to claim you prefer KCL over Cam.
Reply 7
its a bit odd to believe that, true enough, but its not odd to want cam less than kings.
Reply 8
I'd say that I wouldn't be prepared to reveal that information, personally.
Reply 9
I done work experience there, and said something along the lines how I 'would love to study at a London medical school'-, when actually thats a complete lie. I don't understand why they ask that to be honest. Also OP, if you live in London, I'd recommend The Royal London Hospital for work experience, I'm shadowing a neurosurgeon there during the half-term week, get to go into theaters and everything :sogood:
Reply 10
You're aiming to enter a profession where one of the most important characteristics is honesty?

I'd lie my ******** off.
Renal
You're aiming to enter a profession where one of the most important characteristics is honesty?

I'd lie my ******** off.

haha so true Renal.

OP its not like most of us dont stretch the trueth a little bit on the why medicine questipn which is all you would be doing here :wink: . You might want to think about having cambridge on your list tho as it does look a little bit fishy that you would want kings over cambridge
Reply 12
I would say 'lie' having worked there once and knowing how some things are on this planet. A white lie will smooth your way no end here, and in life, and would be expected.

Next question might be why do you want to do medicine? Am sure you will work out the correct, ie, required, answers to that one.
RafterMan
I would say 'lie' having worked there once and knowing how some things are on this planet. A white lie will smooth your way no end here, and in life, and would be expected.

Next question might be why do you want to do medicine? Am sure you will work out the correct, ie, required, answers to that one.

I sure hope your response was prompt enough to be of use to him.

Latest

Trending

Trending