The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3440
Caraghk123
I've not, but I got my rats from breeders - wayyy less chance of mycoplasmosis if you get your rats from a breeder rather than a pet shop etc.

Really? Makes sense I suppose - I really want ratties again so that is probably the way to go. Where do you find rat breeders, do you know?? Have you had them before the two you have now? Although I have a problem about getting rats (see attach :biggrin: )

X

Spoiler

My dog.
Reply 3442
skatealexia

Spoiler

My dog.

>.< So cute!
Erulisse
>.< So cute!

Hows your application going? :smile:
Reply 3444
skatealexia
Hows your application going? :smile:

Not good :frown: Edinburgh and Glasgow declined me after interview. But I have been told that if I had been older then my applications would have had a greater chance of being successful, so there is hope. I am going to apply next year.

What about you?

x
Erulisse
Not good :frown: Edinburgh and Glasgow declined me after interview. But I have been told that if I had been older then my applications would have had a greater chance of being successful, so there is hope. I am going to apply next year.

What about you?

x

In my signature :smile:. Aww, how old are you and where else did you apply?
Erulisse
Really? Makes sense I suppose - I really want ratties again so that is probably the way to go. Where do you find rat breeders, do you know?? Have you had them before the two you have now? Although I have a problem about getting rats (see attach :biggrin: )

X

Errmmmm google! And gumtree, too. I got my hoodeds from a breeder who advertised the litter on gumtree. :smile:

They are great pets to have at uni, for me anyway. The only annoying issue is the travelling home on the holidays with them :woo: Taking a lil cage along with loads of bags is not fun!
Reply 3447
Oh yeah sorry should have checked first lol Well done! I am seventeen, but my birthday is on the 28th of February so I wouldn't be eighteen until most of the way through my first year - apparently that's bad. :smile:

I think if my app. had been stronger they might have overlooked it, but I didn't have as much experience as some: I know they do take on people born at a similar time as me. x
Erulisse
Oh yeah sorry should have checked first lol Well done! I am seventeen, but my birthday is on the 28th of February so I wouldn't be eighteen until most of the way through my first year - apparently that's bad. :smile:

I think if my app. had been stronger they might have overlooked it, but I didn't have as much experience as some: I know they do take on people born at a similar time as me. x

That sucks. :frown:. At least you'll be better prepared next year :smile:. Just pack in the work experience.
Reply 3449
skatealexia
That sucks. :frown:. At least you'll be better prepared next year :smile:. Just pack in the work experience.

That's the way I'm looking at it now... took me a while to get over though :p:

x
Can imagine.. x
Reply 3451
Erulisse

What about you?

x

Wow, well that's strange. I was 17 until February 7th this year, so I'm only a few weeks older than you. My age was never really mentioned at all, and I'm here at Ed. That sucks, but I've never heard of age being a factor before (apart from at Bristol, where one of my friends got rejected for physics because she was too young).
Reply 3452
LDVet
Wow, well that's strange. I was 17 until February 7th this year, so I'm only a few weeks older than you. My age was never really mentioned at all, and I'm here at Ed. That sucks, but I've never heard of age being a factor before (apart from at Bristol, where one of my friends got rejected for physics because she was too young).

I think it was just a contributing factor, like if they had somebody older with the same amount of exerience or whatever they would choose them over me. It was by no means the only reason I got turned down. :wink:

Do you like edinburgh? it will probably be my first choice next year.

x

Edit: it was by no means THE reason I got turned down... I didn't have that strong an application, so I am not surprised I did
Reply 3453
Ah, I see. Well, at least next year you shall be older and wiser!
And I LOVE Edinburgh (I'm sure everybody is sick of me saying this lol). It's amazing as a city, the lecturers are fantastic, brilliant course, brilliant everythingggg..
I was trying to explain this to people who were on the open day tour today and I couldn't do it, because I love this place so much I can't quite put it into words haha!
Okay here is a pic of my babies when I first got her at 7 weeks...

They are now fully grown and about 1.5 years old =] Loads more pics on my FB but cba to upload :p:

Just to say she is over frizzled - hence her lack of feathers and appearance, I didnt breed her so no negging please. All my others are normal frizzled.

Reply 3455
Ok so i recieved the bristol email too..
owww i cant wait any longerrrr

It would be so devastating to wait till after the ucas deadline and then get a rejection :frown:....saying that i;d be devasted to get one now (even though its highly likely i will)
i think i will die if liverpool send an email like that, hopefully they wont make you wait long
Reply 3457
Thought I'd join in! Most handsome dog ever!!
Reply 3458
arrr i cnt upload my dog pic because the file size 'is too big for the forum' :frown: nice pics though ever 1 !
Reply 3459
ive never owned a dog ever :frown: i reallllllllly want a greyhound though...they've such nice natures.
we're 'cat people'. i think everyones really one or the other!
ive had 2 die in the last 18 months from FIP though :frown: horrible horrible disease.
but we now have cuthbert who is amazingggggggg!..and spoilt rotten :p:
black cats are the best in my opinion :yes:
awhh im loving the pet appreciation thing we've been doing the last few days :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending