Scroll to see replies

Reply 5900
skatealexia
I love cows :biggrin:.

me too!:yep:
Alieshia
me too!:yep:

me three :woo:
I thought I'd give this thread a bit of life! Results soon for all us waiting !
It seems sad how silent this thread has gone now!! All enjoying the summer before hard work starts?!
Yes, I am :biggrin:. But, its kind of boring :/
Reply 5905
What time are results available? I'm not getting any results but had an unsuccessful interview with RVC andwas thinking of ringing them on the day about any spaces they might have from people who have not got the grades just on the off chance (I know it's unlikely). Was going to ring at 9am is this the right sort of time?
I'd say so ^_^. And why not ring every other uni on the offchance :wink:
Reply 5907
nikkit84
What time are results available? I'm not getting any results but had an unsuccessful interview with RVC andwas thinking of ringing them on the day about any spaces they might have from people who have not got the grades just on the off chance (I know it's unlikely). Was going to ring at 9am is this the right sort of time?

I would imagine this would be a waste of time, if your interview didn't result in an offer since they are going to allocate the odd spare place that may arise to those with offers that were narrowly missed. Your probably better off ring around for extra W.E and applying again.
Reply 5908
nikkit84

i'd say definately ring! i phoned all of the unis on results day last year to beg them to offer me a place because i've met like 3 vets who did that a few years ago and got accepted into uni, one of them hadnt even applied to that uni but phoned up and got in somehow!!! anythings worth a try, youve got nothing to do by phoning them up :smile:
Alieshia
I would imagine this would be a waste of time, if your interview didn't result in an offer since they are going to allocate the odd spare place that may arise to those with offers that were narrowly missed. Your probably better off ring around for extra W.E and applying again.

not a waste of time at all, other people have got in that way, it is rather unlikely but its worth a shot, youve got nothing to loose, it shows determination and shows how desperatly u want t get in (they might even remember you name and remember how keen u were by ringing up on results day when u apply next time)

i emailed bristol last year, but they had more than enough people but i got a lovely email back which really boosted my confidence for re-applying as they told me how great it was i had got the grades and how my application was looking much better and what i had planned was fanatstic.

didnt someone say edinburgh are low on people and they have already told people rejected post interview to ring on results day so cud be a good chance there :wink:

its all a numbers game and sometimes at some uni's the number game go's slightly wrong and u may get offered a place on results day :yep:
Reply 5910
yeh totally my bad! I assumed and thats bad of me that if your rejected at interview that they'd favour giving places to those who passed the interview but missed the grades. What I didn't factor in is those people who miss their grades but don't chase after a place still meaning there would be places for people to sneak in the back door. I guess not everybody who misses their grades by a few points are clued up enough to fight for what they believe in and those who miss out at interview can then shine over them and make admissions think they chose the wrong person.
Reply 5911
ok thanks for all your comments. Aliesha I am getting extra W.E and applying again :smile: just want to do everything I possibly can!
Reply 5912
good on ya :biggrin: and best of luck!!
This may sound like a dumb question, but it's been worrying me slightly....
I REALLY want to apply to liverpool (2010 applicant) and i know they require 4 weeks at Vet practices, I have got 4 weeks at Vet practices but they're all mixed practices. I wondered whether not having 2 weeks specifically at a small animal vet practice, and 2 at large animal would be a problem, if the 4 weeks I have are all mixed?
Cheers guys!
ahh excited this time in like 13/14 months I may be a Vet school with some of you! :smile:
Reply 5914
Well if it's mixed and you've had the experience of the routine spay neuter vacc of smalls and farm visits I can't see why it shouldn't count... Perhaps email direct and ask to be sure?
Reply 5915
Hmm...I'm thinking of ringing rvc on results day to find out if theres a chance I could start this year, rather than next year (seeing as i didn't chose to defer)...Is it worth a shot!?....
I don't mind taking a gap year, knowing i've got the place...But my parents want me to at least try and ring rvc!!
Reply 5916
Give it a shot if your happy to start this year :-) but only if you want to not just cos of your parents ;-)
Reply 5917
Haha!..I applied for 2010 entry anyways, but ended up with a 2011 place! So doesnt bother me!
JoMC
Haha!..I applied for 2010 entry anyways, but ended up with a 2011 place! So doesnt bother me!

Out of interest, why did they did give you an offer for 2011 entry rather than 2010 entry?
Reply 5919
Hey everyone. I know I havent written on here in a while but Ive been stalking in a bit. So you want some gossip???
Im totally going to vet school this year. Kind of...

I applied for the main vet course at liverpool and got rejected then a few weeks ago was told I could apply for a new course startin this september at Liverpool. Its a pre-vet course (foundation to health studies with progression to Veterinary Medicine)

had an interview and got a place =) theres only 5 places so I kept quiet about it so as not to tempt fate...
but if I pass the course with 70% I start veterinary next year so its like the prelim course at Notts and Bristol... and Id still be classed as a vet student like you would with that course so Im megaaaaa excited.....and very worried coz its not far off and I have no accommodation or student finance yet hahaha. So there ya go =)

Latest

Trending

Trending