The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah, she gave her email address...I've just sent her an email, I hope she'll reply in time.
Reply 1721
Just had a rejection email from Bristol, at long last. (This was without interview btw) I was just about to withdraw lol.
~*starlight*conquest*~
Wouldn't that just end up the same? Cos they'd have to pay for another year of university and accommodation fees...

Just got a rejection from Bristol :frown: I was at least hoping for an on-hold. I'm gutted, I thought the interview had gone ok...In the email it says they don't give detailed feedback, can anyone confirm this?

me too!!! I was expecting it though...and for some reason it felt 10x worst last year, they put me off the uni during my interview from being so intimidating and I think I would acctually be joining those stressfull applicant and would be adding to the suicidal rates if I went there!!
Liverpool is way better :biggrin:
pub tonight Wales V France....they betta wiiin
~*starlight*conquest*~
yeah, she gave her email address...I've just sent her an email, I hope she'll reply in time.

:frown: I'm sorry about rejection. I didn't know people could be rejected straight after, I thought they waited for all interviews to be carried out. Bristols sytstem is odd.
Good luck with liverpool :smile:
x_dwin_ffeimys_x
me too!!! I was expecting it though...and for some reason it felt 10x worst last year, they put me off the uni during my interview from being so intimidating and I think I would acctually be joining those stressfull applicant and would be adding to the suicidal rates if I went there!!
Liverpool is way better :biggrin:
pub tonight Wales V France....they betta wiiin

lol, It's understandable it felt much worse the first time! I have to admit liverpool does look more appealing as vet school. Still. Bristol could have been nice too...

I won't be watching, but I suppose I should support the french...
if LM emails u back i will not be happy, i emailed her in december!!!!! and again in January/Febuary sometime.. i think maybe theyve just had SOOO many people asking they have decided not to do it and to concentrate on getting back to people with replys, they have so many people on hold and things and not much time left to sort everyone out, and Tbh i dont think feedback from bristol will help much with liverpool because the interview system is SOOOOO different!!!
~*starlight*conquest*~
lol, It's understandable it felt much worse the first time! I have to admit liverpool does look more appealing as vet school. Still. Bristol could have been nice too...

I won't be watching, but I suppose I should support the french...

just chekd your profile and ur like 1/4 of every nationality in europe just!!! hahaha
as long as you don't support Englando it's OK :smile: hehehe
ViolinGirl
:frown: I'm sorry about rejection. I didn't know people could be rejected straight after, I thought they waited for all interviews to be carried out. Bristols sytstem is odd.
Good luck with liverpool :smile:

Well it's not that weird. If the interview went really badly then there isn't much point putting them on hold. It just adds to the workload at the end.
Vive la France :rolleyes:

I have a feeling the Welsh will win it though.
Reply 1729
Beth and starlight I'm so sorry! You both have Liv to hear from/be interviewed by though. I'm really regretting not having enough of the right type of work ex to apply there this year, it is growing on me! If I don't get into Bristol I think I am going to go and have a look at it.

Nervous about Bristol and it's only Friday night!! But I am going out for dinner with my friends tonight, it is my birthday on Tuesday so I am celebrating now. Cannot wait!

Edit btw: Someone on the FB group got a Bristol 17th March interview, if anyone is still waiting to hear! Good luck, hope you all get that date!
Reply 1730
Has anyone got an interview on the 17th March for Bristol? My friend, who got an offer from Nottingham this week, has got one. She was on hold.
I'm starting to worry have I missed something now.. my last update for liverpool was on the 12/09/09, three days after I sent my application in. I know for a fact that nowhere in England is accepting Irish applicants this year, but even at that, I'd still like to be rejected properly.. has anyone recieved no answer from liverpool yet whatsoever?
:o::confused: :confused:
melonysnicketts
I'm starting to worry have I missed something now.. my last update for liverpool was on the 12/09/09, three days after I sent my application in. I know for a fact that nowhere in England is accepting Irish applicants this year, but even at that, I'd still like to be rejected properly.. has anyone recieved no answer from liverpool yet whatsoever?
:o::confused: :confused:

I know how you feel it feels like I have had to wait ages to hear something but I finally received the work experience questionnaire today!
so maybe you will hear something soon... :smile:
what.. more bristol interviews?? man my chance of an offer decreases everyday i swear!!!! haaaaaaa

i did lots of prep for edinburgh today, remembered how much ive forgottton since preparing for Glasgow :/ not goooood!!!
also dehorned a load of calves, i put the horns in my pocket for my dog hahahahaaa

has anyone NOT heard from bristol now????
Reply 1734
Well, this is now all of the interviews. Lynda Moore said the 17th would be the last date.
Reply 1735
Hmmm..just read the bristol admissions thing on their website...
It says acceptables are ranked 1 - 8...And varying numbers of people scored with 1 and 2 are given offers...Does than mean all the acceptables (1-8) are put on hold...Or just people scored 1 and 2???
steph_v
Definitely better than a straight out rejection. Although, having been on hold for nearly four months, it gets very old, very fast. I wish they'd just tell me. I wish all of them would just tell me :p:

It's payday today; I'm buying some books on Amazon at the moment, I'm tempted to get the veterinary ethics book that everyone raves about. I don't know if I can justify spending £25 on it, though. Is it worth it?

Lol - it could be longer! I had my interview for Bristol late November when I applied, was put on hold till March/April, to then be told that I was rejected but on the list of people that they may ring on results day, so then had to wait till 16th August (or whenever results day was) to then get given an offer. Even that was a hassle. I was told to ring as soon as I got my results, (at about 10am) then to be told they already knew my results a few days earlier (when they initially rang me to say I might get an offer on results day). I then had to wait till about 3pm after their meeting to discuss how many people they were accepting, to then get an offer.
Results day was a very stressful day! lol.
Reply 1737
JoMC
Hmmm..just read the bristol admissions thing on their website...
It says acceptables are ranked 1 - 8...And varying numbers of people scored with 1 and 2 are given offers...Does than mean all the acceptables (1-8) are put on hold...Or just people scored 1 and 2???

People scored 1, 2 and 3 are put on hold. That's what Lynda Moore told me in my feedback. Acceptable 4-8 are rejected, as well as unacceptable.

karate_kat
Lol - it could be longer! I had my interview for Bristol late November when I applied, was put on hold till March/April, to then be told that I was rejected but on the list of people that they may ring on results day, so then had to wait till 16th August (or whenever results day was) to then get given an offer. Even that was a hassle. I was told to ring as soon as I got my results, (at about 10am) then to be told they already knew my results a few days earlier (when they initially rang me to say I might get an offer on results day). I then had to wait till about 3pm after their meeting to discuss how many people they were accepting, to then get an offer.
Results day was a very stressful day! lol.

Oh my god, that sounds awful! But I'm sure it was worth it in the end :smile:
Rachhyyyy
what.. more bristol interviews?? man my chance of an offer decreases everyday i swear!!!! haaaaaaa

i did lots of prep for edinburgh today, remembered how much ive forgottton since preparing for Glasgow :/ not goooood!!!
also dehorned a load of calves, i put the horns in my pocket for my dog hahahahaaa

has anyone NOT heard from bristol now????

I was dehorning calves today too hehe :biggrin:
steph_v
People scored 1, 2 and 3 are put on hold. That's what Lynda Moore told me in my feedback. Acceptable 4-8 are rejected, as well as unacceptable.

Oh my god, that sounds awful! But I'm sure it was worth it in the end :smile:

Are you sure only 1-3 are put on hold, and others rejected? I thought it was 1-2 mainly get offers immediately as they are classed as exceptional in the interview, and then some others put on hold, the rest rejected? :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending