Turn on thread page Beta

Which living room would you rather have in your house? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Out of all of them D, but none of them are great to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    well...i think we can safely rule out B

Id say A; spacious, classy and full of historical character.

ReputationRep:
    D has a piano, soo...

ReputationRep:
    D! Definitely.

ReputationRep:
    A or D.

ReputationRep:
    D. Hate the others!

ReputationRep:
    None.
    If I had to choose it would be C, then I'd dance around like a robot all day.

ReputationRep:
    Well, B is a dive . . .

C or D.

None of them are all that appealing. Too OTT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinishHim!)
    A.
    Spoiler:
    Show

B.
    Spoiler:
    Show

C.
    Spoiler:
    Show

D.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't really like any of them. D reminds of Pride & Prejudice living rooms actually. Definitely not C or A. Between B and D, I'm not sure. I'm more used to something like B, albeit nicer and grander, so initially I might say that, although I could potentially get used to something like D.

ReputationRep:
    C gives me anxiety, D looks cluttered, B looks Portugese, A :inlove:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesare Borgia)
    I'm not an expert but I'd say A and D are more sitting rooms than living rooms, I've always imagined a living room to be more practical and relaxed even in very big and opulent houses. So I'd have to say B despite D probably being my favourite room.
    According to Kate Fox (2004 watching the English) a "living room" and a "sitting room" are exactly the same. Bit a "sitting room" is a more archaic word and probably used by those from the Upper Middle Class and Upper Class, whereas a "living room" is a more commonly used word amongst working class - lower middle class people. I personally think Kate Fox talks a lot of nonsense, but the thought is still out there :beard:.

I would go for C because I like the whole modern and minimal look

ReputationRep:
    D :love:

ReputationRep:
    I'd jizz over D. It looks awesome.

ReputationRep:
    B

A and D are too old and grand, but C looks too cold and unwelcoming.

ReputationRep:
    D!!!

The first one is a little too grand, the second is a bit dingy and the third is too empty and cold.

ReputationRep:
    If I had to pick, then D, but none of them tbh
    But D has a piano!!!

ReputationRep:
    I like C - modern, furturistic feel. I like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    According to Kate Fox (2004 watching the English) a "living room" and a "sitting room" are exactly the same. Bit a "sitting room" is a more archaic word and probably used by those from the Upper Middle Class and Upper Class, whereas a "living room" is a more commonly used word amongst working class - lower middle class people. I personally think Kate Fox talks a lot of nonsense, but the thought is still out there :beard:.

I would go for C because I like the whole modern and minimal look
    Hmmm, I always thought a sitting room was a 'best' room, usually only used for guests, and the living room contained the TV etc, and that povos only had the one living room, limiting the term to the middle and upper classes.

ReputationRep:
    D.You can lie on the carpet without feeling cold (C), terrifed of getting it dirty(A), or catching fleas(B)

ReputationRep:
    A C and D. All 3, as I am going to own a country mansion, a big house out in the country and a functional flat in NYC.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.