The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Out of all of them D, but none of them are great to be honest.
well...i think we can safely rule out B :smile:

Id say A; spacious, classy and full of historical character.
D has a piano, soo...
Reply 83
D! Definitely.
Reply 84
A or D.
D. Hate the others!
Reply 86
None.
If I had to choose it would be C, then I'd dance around like a robot all day:smile:.
Well, B is a dive . . .

C or D.

None of them are all that appealing. Too OTT.
FinishHim!
A.

Spoiler

B.

Spoiler

C.

Spoiler

D.

Spoiler

I don't really like any of them. D reminds of Pride & Prejudice living rooms actually. Definitely not C or A. Between B and D, I'm not sure. I'm more used to something like B, albeit nicer and grander, so initially I might say that, although I could potentially get used to something like D.
Reply 89
C gives me anxiety, D looks cluttered, B looks Portugese, A :inlove:
Cesare Borgia
I'm not an expert but I'd say A and D are more sitting rooms than living rooms, I've always imagined a living room to be more practical and relaxed even in very big and opulent houses. So I'd have to say B despite D probably being my favourite room.

According to Kate Fox (2004 watching the English) a "living room" and a "sitting room" are exactly the same. Bit a "sitting room" is a more archaic word and probably used by those from the Upper Middle Class and Upper Class, whereas a "living room" is a more commonly used word amongst working class - lower middle class people. I personally think Kate Fox talks a lot of nonsense, but the thought is still out there :beard:.

I would go for C because I like the whole modern and minimal look :smile:
D :love:
I'd jizz over D. It looks awesome.
Reply 93
B

A and D are too old and grand, but C looks too cold and unwelcoming.
Reply 94
D!!!

The first one is a little too grand, the second is a bit dingy and the third is too empty and cold.
If I had to pick, then D, but none of them tbh :s-smilie:
But D has a piano!!! :biggrin:
Reply 96
I like C - modern, furturistic feel. I like that.
SpiritedAway
According to Kate Fox (2004 watching the English) a "living room" and a "sitting room" are exactly the same. Bit a "sitting room" is a more archaic word and probably used by those from the Upper Middle Class and Upper Class, whereas a "living room" is a more commonly used word amongst working class - lower middle class people. I personally think Kate Fox talks a lot of nonsense, but the thought is still out there :beard:.

I would go for C because I like the whole modern and minimal look :smile:

Hmmm, I always thought a sitting room was a 'best' room, usually only used for guests, and the living room contained the TV etc, and that povos only had the one living room, limiting the term to the middle and upper classes.
Reply 98
D.You can lie on the carpet without feeling cold (C), terrifed of getting it dirty(A), or catching fleas(B) :smile:
A C and D. All 3, as I am going to own a country mansion, a big house out in the country and a functional flat in NYC.

Latest

Trending

Trending