The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
fredbraty
Yess i thought of that but I did it on my graphic calculator and it showed only one intersection point.
OH!I know why it showed that.The other one was "away" and the zoom setting should be adjusted so that the calculator could locate it.
Ah who cares...

your allowed to use graphic calculators?
Got the 2f(1.2x) graph wrong, I put (1.5,-8) instead of (6,-8) I don't understand how it could be 6, but that seems to be the only thing. Woo

Am sort of looking forward to C4 now, takes the pressure off an A* a little :smile:

Oh bugger, it said time. Not t. That was a bit confusing, I dunno if it was that question or the one before but one I put ...hr..min after midday. Ok that's like minus 3 probably now.
Reply 622
lilangel890
Got the 2f(1.2x) graph wrong, I put (1.5,-8) instead of (6,-8) I don't understand how it could be 6, but that seems to be the only thing. Woo

Am sort of looking forward to C4 now, takes the pressure off an A* a little :smile:

I made the same mistake! Its because 1/2x was in the bracket, and you have to do 1/.5x = 2. So I guess we just left it as 1/2...
Reply 623
dan9
i know how you feel :frown:

I know right,.
I'm just lucky I already have 89 from january.
Think positive people we're gonna bang out c4 and get 100!
Who's with me?! :woo:
lilangel890

Oh bugger, it said time. Not t. That was a bit confusing, I dunno if it was that question or the one before but one I put ...hr..min after midday. Ok that's like minus 3 probably now.

It's 6 because of the fact that when you have a transformation of the order f(kx), it transforms the graph itself by (1/kx). So f(2x) contracts the graph, whereas f(1/2x) here is 1/1/2, which is 2. So all the x coordinates are multiplied by 2.
Smeh
I know right,.

Yeah, C4 ain't even that hard anyway.....:yep:

Spoiler

Reply 626
i have a feeling that C4 is going to be achallenging paper as i think C3 and S2 was not bad, what do you guys think?
Aah stupid C1 work catching me out. Ok thanks guys.

I reckon the grade boundaries will be normal tbh, some people might've been thrown by 4pit/25 in question 7 but it was still normal stuff
Reply 628
malteser12345
On question 6(b) how many marks would i lose if i got all the co-ordinates correct but the shape of the curve is incorrect?

I would say it is

B1 shape
A1 A1 coordinates
Reply 629
Hey Arsey (nice name btw lol)
On the very last question I misread it as "express e in terms of x..."
So my first 3-4 steps were correct, but I left my answer in the form " e= [fraction]" rather than "x = e.."
How many marks would I lose for failing to rearrange this? It was out of 4 marks.
Reply 630
64/75 for an A?
i was very strict on myself, and i got 56.... i realllyyy hope i did better than that :frown:
Reply 632
Okay I checked all my answers properly now and I lost 1 mark on the 'why doesn't the function have an inverse' question and I think I lost 1 or 2 on the range one where the answer was 3<x<6 or something. I got x>3 and I completed the square, so would I lose 1 or 2 marks for not including the x<6 part?

Either way, I got 72 or 73 out of 75. That's got to be about 96UMS right? :ninja:
Narik
Okay I checked all my answers properly now and I lost 1 mark on the 'why doesn't the function have an inverse' question and I think I lost 1 or 2 on the range one where the answer was 3<x<6 or something. I got x>3 and I completed the square, so would I lose 1 or 2 marks for not including the x<6 part?

I'd say you'd loose one on the range. 1 mark completing the square, 1 mark for the 6 bit, 1 mark for the -3 bit
Reply 634
lilangel890
I'd say you'd loose one on the range. 1 mark completing the square, 1 mark for the 6 bit, 1 mark for the -3 bit

So 73/75 it is. :dance: That means I'd need about 85ish UMS in C4 to make sure I get an A*. :cool:
Okay I better start with C4. Integration seems like jibberish right now. :facepalm2:
Reply 635
61/75 if all the question I got wrong answers in I get 0. Hopefully I'll get about half of the working marks.
Reply 636
Smeh
I know right,.

yh i have 90 from january, you have an offer from imperial too dont you?
Reply 637
Dam i messed that paper up. It was an easy one but couldnt concentarte properly.
Didnt change 7d. into minutes. Got the range wrong put for g(x) and put couldnt explain why f^-1(X) was not possible how much u guys think i woulda lost in marks.
For the g(x) o ne i never completed the square but put range as 1<g(x)<6. And for 7d i got all the workign right and just forget bout coverting into minutes would that cost me 1/2 marks?
Wayi
your allowed to use graphic calculators?

:yep: edexcel allows graphic calculators in all maths exams except c1.
can anyone post

past 90ums raw mark boundaries?

Latest

Trending

Trending