The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I want to stay in my own area (North Lanarkshire) preferably. That might sound so sad to some people but i don't think i could adjust to a totally new environment. I'm so used to the way things are around here and i don't see that changing.
Reply 21
HearTheThunder
trust me you dont

Paris!

or perhaps this bolton

its a nice enough place. visited some relatives there when i was a kid.
technik
or perhaps this bolton

its a nice enough place. visited some relatives there when i was a kid.

much better :cool:
Reply 23
I would love to live in North America, Turkey or stay on the Isle of Wight :biggrin:
Reply 24
Having lived in Singapore for years and experienced both Eastern and Western cultures, I can't say I like everything about both cultures. I'd like to live in the best of both worlds and of course, it is important for racism and stupidity to be minimal. The people are also very important as I'd love to live forever in an intellectual and creative environment with people I like. Er, I don't know which country that would be. It probably doesn't exist.
All I can say is I can't believe so many people want to live in the UK
Reply 26
The Ace is Back
All I can say is I can't believe so many people want to live in the UK

What can you expect in a UK forum? Try a Japan forum and I bet it will show that most people want to live in Japan.
I would expect that as so many people in this forum live in the UK they would have a first hand eyewitness account of the *****ness in this country
Besides I was just expressing my personal surprise, doesn't mean I'm right/wrong :P
Reply 29
The Ace is Back
Besides I was just expressing my personal surprise, doesn't mean I'm right/wrong :P

Nah, I'm not saying you're right/wrong. I wasn't surprised at all though. I would expect that most from the UK here would prefer to live in the Anglosphere (i.e. UK, US, Australia, New Zealand, Canada).
Reply 30
canuck
No were else id rather live than Canada. Best living conditions and living standards here are great. Weather can be extreme in some provinces, but in my province, it's kinda like the UK with lots of wildlife, clean drinking water and millions of trees. Clean air, nice climate, cheap houses, and good people. What better place to be?

Bognor Regis.
Yeah ok I get where you're coming from

Because the others in that list are probably quite nice places on the whole :smile:
Reply 32
ramroff
Bognor Regis.

??????? :confused:
Reply 33
It depends on your race. I have relatives living in NZ and visiting there on a yearly basis and I've been told of the racism that pervades.
Reply 34
canuck
??????? :confused:

Are you Canadian?
Reply 35
vivado
It depends on your race. I have relatives living in NZ and visiting there on a yearly basis and I've been told of the racism that pervades.

Against English people?
Reply 36
ramroff
Against English people?

No, against non-Caucasians.
Reply 37
New York, of course!
Or maybe Liverpool (Formby or Crosby)
Or maybe the Isle of Wight (Because I was born there but only got to spend 6 months there).
BellaCat
New York, of course!

Preferably Rochester not the city I'm told
Reply 39
I really want to be a citizen of the world. If I were given a choice right now on how to live for the next fifteen years, I'd live in Edinbourgh/Dublin/London (sp?) and Mexico City, commuting between the two every few weeks or months, with houses in both places. Latin American director for a British company? That'd be awesome!

Though... not precisely likely, or within my power. Else, I'd live in Western Europe/UK during my youth, but move back to Mexico once I have children (around 35). I want my children to be Mexican and grow up Mexican.

Latest

Trending

Trending