The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan for transport?

I commute to uni everyday and it is quite expensive as I have a lot of 9am lectures, plus bus fair. Can I apply for maintenance loan to help me with the transport cost or can u only apply for it if you are living in an accommodation?
Original post by cherryhitchkins
I commute to uni everyday and it is quite expensive as I have a lot of 9am lectures, plus bus fair. Can I apply for maintenance loan to help me with the transport cost or can u only apply for it if you are living in an accommodation?

Anyone can apply for a maintenance loan. If you live with your parents then your maintenance loan will be lower.
Original post by PQ
Anyone can apply for a maintenance loan. If you live with your parents then your maintenance loan will be lower.

Oh okay. Thank you so much
Where do I need to apply for it? When I was applying for tuition fee loan, it asked if I want a maintenance loan as well but I didn’t fill anything out as I thought it was only for people who live in accommodation to help with rent, bills and food…
Original post by cherryhitchkins
Oh okay. Thank you so much
Where do I need to apply for it? When I was applying for tuition fee loan, it asked if I want a maintenance loan as well but I didn’t fill anything out as I thought it was only for people who live in accommodation to help with rent, bills and food…

Log into your SFE account and make the change to apply for a maintenance loan. If you can't see where to do it, click on the live chat function to raise your query with an adviser (live chat is available during office hours M-F).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending