The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ayumi
WJEC english language, i ran out of time, it was difficult to interpret and my eyes were blurry and stuff after half of the exam had passed.

Yeah would have to agree without a doubt. Didn't understand the fiction story and completely messed up both comps.

Aqa german listening was also pretty hard
I can't really remember, it was so long ago lol...
Science/Maths/Latin probably caused me most grief. Oh and the German writing. But that wasn't hard I just mucked it up then realised afterwards..
Reply 22
Edexcel physics paper 2, terrifying, i came out of the exam crying, i think i completely screwed that exam, even talking of it now makes me quiver.

My entire year (me included) too!
Reply 23
I had to do the most revision for Latin, closely followed by Greek. Or maybe the other way around.
I think I messed up Biology the worst.
I found Spanish the hardest, which was weird because everyone else said it was really easy.
Reply 24
Urgh - English Lit. - I messed up on the poems section (OCR) when answering about Fanthorpe and Larkin. For the record, Fanthorpe is THE worst poet in the world... I mean who else would talk about fishies flailing on matresses and how that is related to the fact that she is actually a cloud?
Reply 25
RE full course was by far my worst! Followed by german writing! That was awful too
Maths AQA Paper 1 was definately one of my hardest exams, because like someone else said, I wasn't expecting it to be that hard, especially as all the practice papers I'd done hadn't even been close to that level of difficulty. Another one was English Lit, which I didn't exactly find tricky..I just know that I didn't do my best to answer everything correctly, and we'd had little practice with that exam anyway. Hopefully my coursework marks will be able to boost my mark on both of those exams though!
Reply 27
xlouisedoll
Maths AQA Paper 1 was definately one of my hardest exams, because like someone else said, I wasn't expecting it to be that hard, especially as all the practice papers I'd done hadn't even been close to that level of difficulty. Another one was English Lit, which I didn't exactly find tricky..I just know that I didn't do my best to answer everything correctly, and we'd had little practice with that exam anyway. Hopefully my coursework marks will be able to boost my mark on both of those exams though!

Hey. It was me who said that about the maths exam and I totally agree about the practice papers.The good news, however, is that last years paper (which I found quite easy) was only about 56% for an A!!
Reply 28
AQA Maths Paper 1 really was sh*te. I am predicted an A in Maths, but my paper 1 performance really knocked my confidence backwards. I, perhaps, got around 20 or so marks...looking at a U. Although I believe paper 2, amazingly better, should revive my chances of passing. If I could scrape a B that would be great.
Reply 29
Cb.Incus
AQA Maths Paper 1 really was sh*te. I am predicted an A in Maths, but my paper 1 performance really knocked my confidence backwards. I, perhaps, got around 20 or so marks...looking at a U. Although I believe paper 2, amazingly better, should revive my chances of passing. If I could scrape a B that would be great.

I feel pretty much the same. Luckily for me, my school made us all sit the intermediate exam in January (this was so if you passed you could either drop maths or do the higher paper and have a back up, or if you failed you had another chance) so I already have a B. So that gives me some hope, because I know even if I fail miserably I already have a safe B.
Cb.Incus

Hey, don't worry. I did the notoriously hard Edexcel higher papers last year and felt the same about my first exam, ie that I'd got a U, but then I also felt the second exam was a lot easier and I ended up with a B. All is not lost! :smile:
Reply 31
That's a great way of boosting your confidence and giving you a general positive feeling. I was unaware schools could do that, was it the AQA pilot exam thing ?
Reply 32
Cb.Incus
That's a great way of boosting your confidence and giving you a general positive feeling. I was unaware schools could do that, was it the AQA pilot exam thing ?

No, it was just an early entry. It's the exam sitting they usually use for re-sits, but there's no reason why they can't put year 11's in. It is really good, because that exam was one of the easiest exams I've ever done. (Out of the overall score of 400 my marks were somewhere in the 390s) and it just feels so good knowing that even though the summer exam was impossible, I already have a decent grade.
Reply 33
Ah, I see. I know I could do with the feeling of already obtaining a secure B after sitting that paper.

Thanks Kellywood. It's, also, of some comfort to me to hear that many found paper 1 was hellish. I do hope I get a B, otherwise I may have to drop Maths as a sixth form option. If I don't get a B i'm sure I'll dig another subject out from somewhere lol.
AQA Italian Writing paper was awful for me :frown: also the AQA maths paper1
Reply 35
experiment626
AQA Italian Writing paper was awful for me :frown: also the AQA maths paper1

That's a bit backward. I took Spanish (loved it) and our writing task was 1 controlled and 2 uncontrolled peices of written coursework based on work experience, ideal future jobs and famous people. I pity you if you had to do a writing exercise as an exam! :frown:
Reply 36
Same here whizz kid, i did the wirting part for spanish in a coursework based assesment, i would have been to nervous if i had to do a writing exam, i would have completely mucked it up!
Reply 37
Nutchopper
i would have been to nervous if i had to do a writing exam, i would have completely mucked it up!

:ditto:
Reply 38
Lol im glad i did c/w, i did the same as you i controlled which was on my holiday and two uncontrooled which were on work experience and my town.
Reply 39
Russian AQA. It was the only one I did this year, not an experience i want to repeat. I messed up my speaking but not as badly as my sister who said that she and her friend bathed their books lol.

Latest