The Student Room Group

GCSE geo

Hello,

So I got geo gcse tmrw and that’s like the only subjected I deserted while revising for my throughout y10 and y11.

I’m kinda distorted in the content and don’t know as many case studies.

When looking at past papers I can see that most questions are linked to case studies

What do you guys recommend:

1. Only do past paper practice
2. Only review case studies
3. Catch up on content

Thank you very much.
Reply 1
You do not have time. REVIEW AND CATCH UP.
Reply 2
Hi, this is really just my opinion but I think that before you start doing past papers you should go over and fill in any gaps in your knowledge of the content (including case studies) as that will really help you. It would be important since if you start doing past papers before knowing the content fully you might not really know what is going on whereas even if you don't get to the past papers before the exam at least you'll know the content and be able to apply that instead of wasting your time trying to memorise questions you don't know the answer to.

I hope this helps, and all the best for your exam remember that you gave it your all and that's all you can really do!
Reply 3
Original post by Lilla_Milla
Hi, this is really just my opinion but I think that before you start doing past papers you should go over and fill in any gaps in your knowledge of the content (including case studies) as that will really help you. It would be important since if you start doing past papers before knowing the content fully you might not really know what is going on whereas even if you don't get to the past papers before the exam at least you'll know the content and be able to apply that instead of wasting your time trying to memorise questions you don't know the answer to.

I hope this helps, and all the best for your exam remember that you gave it your all and that's all you can really do!

thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Noshy-Nosh
thank you

Original post by Lilla_Milla

how can I fill in the gaps in my knowledge if I am short in time?
Reply 5
Original post by Noshy-Nosh
how can I fill in the gaps in my knowledge if I am short in time?

Sorry this is late but make sure you start with the things you find hardest and make your way to the things you find the easiest. This applies to most other subjects as well with content. Therefore if you start with the things you find the hardest if you don't get to the easy parts it doesn't matter as much because you already know that part quite well.

Quick Reply

Latest