The Student Room Group

Worried about results day

Hello, I have a offer for medicine but i’m worried I wont meet the grades, mainly because the grade boundaries are unpredictable this year and they’re making me nervous. I also don’t have an insurance choice as I only ideally want to study medicine. i’m not sure what route my plan B should take?? I know i’ve tried my hardest in exams, two of them went well but one didn’t and i’m not sure anymore seeing as results are going back to 2019 and this years exam was seen as easier for the particular subject :frown:
You have tried your best. You should have a plan B. If you have an offer but fail just miss out, its worth calling the uni and asking if they would offer you a place for next year if you retake. Some unis e.g. Liverpool Med school don't consider people resitting their A levels, whilst others do.
Reply 2
honestly don't stress it! if you dont meet requirements, theres always other options out there, such as retaking! all that matters is you did your best and stressing wont change it - youll find you often end up being your worst critic
Original post by med.33333
Hello, I have a offer for medicine but i’m worried I wont meet the grades, mainly because the grade boundaries are unpredictable this year and they’re making me nervous. I also don’t have an insurance choice as I only ideally want to study medicine. i’m not sure what route my plan B should take?? I know i’ve tried my hardest in exams, two of them went well but one didn’t and i’m not sure anymore seeing as results are going back to 2019 and this years exam was seen as easier for the particular subject :frown:

You could retake and reapply next year or could look at a different course. Swansea offer numerous courses in their medical school and you could apply for these in clearing. These will probably be available elsewhere.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=4bd2b60dbaadb732JmltdHM9MTY5MTI4MDAwMCZpZ3VpZD0zNjQzYjFiYS0yNzM0LTZlMzItMWRhNy1hMWNlMjYxMzZmYTkmaW5zaWQ9NTIxMQ&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=3643b1ba-2734-6e32-1da7-a1ce26136fa9&psq=swansea+university+medical+school&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc3dhbnNlYS5hYy51ay9tZWRpY2luZS8&ntb=1
Reply 4
yh honestly like what the other people said. Don't stress i mean ur exams are done now and theres nothing you can do about it. You tried ur best and that's all that matters!
Original post by med.33333

Hi there @med.33333,

Please try not to worry, like you said you've tried your hardest. There are plenty of options available to you. So that you are more prepared I would recommend thinking about what you would want to do next if you didn't get in. This isn't to say that you can't reapply next year or contact the university to discuss your options once you have received your results.

All the best,
Sarah
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending