The Student Room Group

Bored of revision

Hi, Im new to TSR... Ive been on here for the past few days and have found things really useful :yep:

I just got a C in my C1 Maths paper and although i did some revision for it i was still dissapointed.

Im doing AS levels in Maths, Computing, German, Geography, Physics, and extra AS levels in; (extended project engineering and another extended project in Geography)... teachers want me to get really good grades :confused:

Im really motivated to revise, and i make revision timetables and stuff, but when it comes to it... i just get bored really easily... How do i perservere through this to get good results in the summer? :s-smilie:
Just imagine getting the same grade - or worse - and that should help. Always did the trick for me, anyway.
Imagine being on a bus. Hmmm, I want to revise already.
im getting really bored too..
like i think of all the consequences if I DONT DO WELL but still it just bores me..i flip the pages and i close my books and get up and do something else.
i dont know what to do!
Reply 4
I find personally, its best to set a strict period e.g. begin 6 weeks before exams and revise more intensely (like 2 hours day), it will be easier as the pressure of the exams are looming. Rather then say 3 months of here and there revision
Reply 5
yeah, I think of results day, failing everything if I don't revise and stuff... but im really easily distracted, I might try the 6 weeks thing but I know the later I leave it the less motivated I will be :frown:
Reply 6
I revise at home and there are loads of distractions, but my parents wont let me revise anywhere else cos they think i wont revise. any tips?
Reply 7
me too I am only thirteen but every one is saying is you don't do well then you get bad grades in your GCSE. it is so stressful and I get bored revising, like right now I should be revising but I don't know how to revise and reading things over and over again doesn't work.
Reply 8
i have exams and i literally dont know anything. but im just gunna wing it and hope for the best, as revising never works cause i sleep and then forget the info
Reply 9
Same

Quick Reply

Latest