The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This guy is from Surrey. Truly a scouse.
Watching it, and shaking my head in utter disbelief.
What about Puyol. He's not awful. And Carvalho is dodgy too. And Barca are all about attack.
Milan
Liverpool
Real
PSV
Chelsea
Rangers
Juventus
Inter

Always think pessimistically, that way you will never be disappointed. Win win situation
I heard Xavi is out along with Puyol...

Carvalho is dodgy, I'm starting to rate him below Huth (promising youngster suited to the Premiership though).
I'll take that on board. :smile:
Newcastle Utd charge £20 for a standard ticket I believe.
calderstonesLFC
Excellent shout, hes been solid and james is a clown waiting for a manchester circus to come along.

LOL. :biggrin:
calderstonesLFC
Anfield south :wink:
Great, its a lot closer to liverpool than london

Damn you. :p:
And i made it back in time for the parade.. on my birthday!
Reply 7370
SideView
saw the front page article in sum newspaper saying something bout the builders sitting round smoking weed...

Now they will have plenty of time to smoke a few more - the deadline has just increased by 3 months (it might still be ready for the community shield)

This is good news, in a way - Arsenal can still win the first cup final at the new Wembley now!
Reply 7371
NDGAARONDI
Any shouts for Pollitt taking over James as 3rd choice keeper?

I don't know, he has been one of the weaker elements of their team this season IMHO - not exactly England material... but still worth a shout over James I think

The worrying part is how few choices there are at the top level - England have one high qulaity keeper at the moment, and if he gets injured, we could be in trouble
Reply 7372
Alan Pardew and Paul Jewell have managed to utilise team spirit, good training and a talented group of players who mostly came up with them from the championship to get high positions so far, so it's gotta be one of them

Plus, points have to go to Mick McCarthy... not because he's any good, but he manages to stay optimistic no matter how poor his team are :yy:
I was watching it in the comfort of my living room, with my sister - another Liverpool fan.

I was gutted when the first goal went in, I thought what the ****. Then the second, then the ****ing third. My sister was sitting next to me, her face was like the **** is going on, and I remember saying these EXACT words to her - "Don't worry, Benitez will change everything around and we will win". And he did, he brought Didi on - all the difference.

I wasn't even surprised when we scored, I was just happy. I couldn't go to Istanbul OR the parade coz of my stuuupid psychology exam on the 26th of May (the next day) :mad:

However, I remember at half time I went upstairs for a piss, and thought I'd check my phone, and I hate like ALOT of miss calls - all from Chelsea/Manure fans. I thought i'd leave it and go downstairs for now before the game resumes.

Ooh, I was busy on the phone that night :wink:
Reply 7374
Arsenal's big problem is that we have replaced quality with potential quality

Fabregas, Flamini, Diaby, Reyes, Adebayor, Senderos, Clichy - the list goes on - these are young players with fantastic potential, but (with the exception of Fabregas) they are not as good as the people they have replaced

This team will either go down as a transitional season before another truly great side emerges, or a bad misstep where we misplaced our priorities. Time will tell...
Reyes is 22. Is he really *that* young?
Wonder who will be in the Community Shield....
Am I the only one that would take Michael Dawson? He's been awesome this season, his partnership with King has been superb (maybe I'm just biased cos he's an ex-red)
I reckon the workers downed their tools as soon as Spurs got knocked out of the FA Cup, because they couldn't stand the thought of the first final at the new Wembley not having a club with such a proud cup tradition in it. :biggrin:
Reply 7379
if i was the manager i would pick the following first team for England:

GK: Paul Robinson
LB: Ashley Cole
CB: John Terry
CB: Rio Ferdinand
RB: Gary Neville :biggrin: thats to all the scousers!!!
RM: David Beckham
CM: Steven Gerrard
CM: Frank Lampard
LM: Joe Cole
ST: Michael Owen
ST: Wayne Rooney

SUBS(5):

David James, Ledley King, Kevin Nolan, Michael Carrick and Jermain Defoe

With a sqaud of such quality itd b hard not see them having a strong chance of winning the world cup in the enemies back yard.

Latest