The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm a lamb to the slaughter here :laugh:

Stuff Cheslea, they were awful :biggrin:

tis_me_lord
If it doesn't stop it being a penalty it should!

What I meant was that it didn't excuse the challenge. It should never have been a penalty if he was offside in the first place; agreed.
Theres no option for this side in the poll so il put them forward here. The Liverpool side which dominated Europe in the 80s ( when England ruled the competition) was the best. The only other two dynasties which can compete are Ajax and Bayern in the 70s. I completely disregard both Real of the 50s/60s and Milan of the late 80s as both achieved greatness in less competative fields - Real when the competition was just starting up and not entirely taken seriously and Milan when what was by far the strongest league in Europe ( the English ) which had dominated the competition for almost a decade had been thrown out of it. The great Italian era of the late 80s - mid 90s came directly as a consequence of the English being banned at the very height of their power and it is only over the last few years that England has seemingly recovered from the ban.
Why the bloody hell did Jose bring Huth on upfront?? If he wanted height upfront surely he should have kept Drogba on alongside Crespo. Tactical genius?? LOL
Economist
Why the bloody hell did Jose bring Huth on upfront?? If he wanted height upfront surely he should have kept Drogba on alongside Crespo. Tactical genius?? LOL

I thought exactly the same. I don't rate Drogba but if I needed two goals I'd have kept him on.
Reply 8544
You're surprised? It's been his Plan B for the past couple of seasons. There's only any point putting a big lump up front if you have possession.
He said they're better 'cos Barcelona can't beat them when Chelsea have 11 men.
Reply 8546
Well this'll get swallowed up into the stickie, but I wouldn't mind asking him what he thought of the penalty.
Reply 8547
tis_me_lord
He said they're better 'cos Barcelona can't beat them when Chelsea have 11 men.

Well surely, a good tactic for Chelsea would be to try and keep all 11 men on the field?
ciderpeter
Rugby is not even a real sport, you should score one point when yoiu score and it should be an event to celebrate, not 5 points every 5 minutes.... Penalties in rugby are scored from about 50 yards... it would be like scoring a free kick from inside your own half in football....

Football is the far less predictable sport in my opinion and rugby will never be bigger than it.

Rugby is bigger than football.

It is my national sport

It is New Zealands National Sport

Football might be a bigger international sport, but then again the world is full of thick people.
Qui Audet Vincit
but then again the world is full of thick people.

You've just proved it
Qui Audet Vincit

It is my national sport

It might be a bigger international sport, but then again the world is full of thick people.

Football is..
Englands,Frances,Italy(arguable),Brazil,Argentina,Spain,Ireland... national sport..So your argument doesnt float. If you hate footie, what you doing in the forum.
ba_ba1
Well surely, a good tactic for Chelsea would be to try and keep all 11 men on the field?

Exactly what i was going to say. Jose, maybe if your team wasnt made up of 11 diving, cheating scumbags who kick bite and spit on anything with 2 knee high socks on you wouldnt be down to 10 men. The reality is, Barcelona beat you. You only gained a 'draw' here because of a very very light and soft penalty which the ref gave. Admit it jose, you were outdun. Huth upfront, you had no plan B did you. Just admit your inferior for once in your life.
ba_ba1

lol yeah, I said 3 things about it in the Chelsea vs Barca thread and that was the first point.
'And jose mourhino had admited his side wer inferior to barca'
Economist

Did it in the semis vs us to. Hes a second rate tacticion with no Plan B
Reply 8555
Would love them to slip up in the Prem now, and Newcastle to knock 'em out the FA cup. Probably won't happen, but Mourinho's comments should be classic if they did...
BexTait
Would love them to slip up in the Prem now, and Newcastle to knock 'em out the FA cup. Probably won't happen, but Mourinho's comments should be classic if they did...

No way, i want them in the final. There is stil some unfinished business about some of his comments.
Qui Audet Vincit

It is my national sport

It might be a bigger international sport, but then again the world is full of thick people.

Worldwide rugby will be never as big/worth as much money as football....
Reply 8558
wheres the fun in betting online! There's no better feeling than walking into a bookies to collect your winnings in cash.
Do we need yet another thread about us? Could do with merging this with the Chelsea ranting thread. :cool:

Latest