The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

1) Where will you finish in the league?

2nd

2) How many points will you finish on?

3) Who will be your top scorer?

van Nistelrooy

4)Who will finish as player of the year?

Rooney

5) What will your average attendance be?

6) Good/average or bad season?

Bad cup form, but improved league form. Overall bad.

7) Will your manager be there at the start of next season?

Hope not.

8 ) Best game so far?

Chelsea 1 nil. Much prefer our old games with Arsenal though.

9) Worst game so far?

0-0 with Arsenal

10) Who will go up in 2nd place from the championship? :wink:

Sheffield United, Warnock deserves it.
md_red_uk
1)

7) Will your manager be there at the start of next season?

Hope not.

Thats gratitude for you. Why don't you want Ferguson?
rafy
good squad!:smile: ...i wish we could have that team for the world cup..all fit!

yh definetely..

but knowing england one or 2 key players always seem to get injured before/ during the latter stages of major tournaments
I'm not sure that Barton or Nolan give enough to the team to warrant a place in the squad. I don't know the two players well though
Robinson

Neville Terry(C) King Cole

Parker

Lampard Gerrard J. Cole

Owen Rooney

How's that for radical?
The biggest mistake Real made was their 'Galactico' policy of buying not the world's best players but the world's best attackers..

secondly, real shud never have sold players like makelele and owen. both were important during their times at the club but real struggled 2 accomodate the more glamorous players such as beckham, figo and ronaldo

thirdly, real need stability and a ruthless manager in the mould of ferguson and mourinho, who can build a team based on the results they produce on the pitch not the results they produce in the media
To be fair to Real, they've spent a lot on defenders over the past few years. 19m on Sergio Ramos, 17m on Walter Samuel, 14m on Woodgate, 7m on Cicinho, plus they bought diogo and that Garcia fellow. The problem isn't that they dont buy defenders, just they don't let them settle and put too much pressure on them to succeed instantly
Reply 9047
Liam The Eagle
To be fair to Real, they've spent a lot on defenders over the past few years. 19m on Sergio Ramos, 17m on Walter Samuel, 14m on Woodgate, 7m on Cicinho, plus they bought diogo and that Garcia fellow. The problem isn't that they dont buy defenders, just they don't let them settle and put too much pressure on them to succeed instantly

i personally think 19million for Sergio Ramos was a bit stupid...i mean hes a young unproven player and the only reason they bought was because hes Spanish.
Any more stupid than 12m for Theo Walcott?
Reply 9049
Robinson

Neville Terry King Cole

Beckham Gerrard(c) Nolan Cole

Rooney Owen

Sven's missed one in not getting the best out of stevie. give him the responsibility of being a captain and we might see some of the performances he gives for liverpool.
Kevin Nolan over Frank Lampard? You wouldn't be from Bolton by any chance, would you?
Reply 9051
no derby but i rate nolan and frank lampard is only good at scoring deflected shots when he's got makalele behind him
What about when he scored against France? The only goal we scored, I might add
tom5
no derby but i rate nolan and frank lampard is only good at scoring deflected shots when he's got makalele behind him

Jesus christ, no matter how much i hate the fella he has got more to his game than deflected goals.
Secondly, there is a world cup thread.. about 4 threads away.
rafy
i dont think Nolan and Scholes will be a swap deal..i think scholes has a still got another 2 good seasons in him.

i think our strikers for the World Cup should be Owen,Rooney,Ashton,Beattie!...im not a fan of Crouchy(sorry)

Ashton? Im sorry, but im not allowing a player of that standard in the squad, especially over crouch and even over defoe. So ashton has had a good period but lets be frankfully onest, he is not england standard.
Secondly, Has beattie ever had a england cap? I cant remember. But crouch has significantly changed the game every game he plays for england and i dont think there is that much of an argument to remove a now established player.
Reply 9055
lamps isn't as effective for england as he is for chelsea and doesn't work well with stevie g. one of them has to go - i say lampard. for his replacement, one of the most complete midfielders is nolan who will be huge in the next few years
Reply 9056
As an optimistic Blues fan I think we can still stay up. West Brom have a far harder last few games than us. If we can just about stay tight...ish at the back we can get wins against Villa and Wigan possibly and JUST stay up...hopefully.

Can you smell the confidence?
Bruce is a crap manager who has wasted millions and millions over the yr, and the loyalty of the board is pretty gd, but stupid if they want to advance.
Reply 9058
I'm proudly donning my red tinted specs, but:

Robinson
Neville JT Carra A Cole
Gerrard Carrick Lampard J Cole
Rooney Owen*

*to be replaced by Crouch, should the welsh midget be on the treatment table, or should tactics point towards direct football.
calderstonesLFC
Ashton? Im sorry, but im not allowing a player of that standard in the squad, especially over crouch and even over defoe. So ashton has had a good period but lets be frankfully onest, he is not england standard.
Secondly, Has beattie ever had a england cap? I cant remember. But crouch has significantly changed the game every game he plays for england and i dont think there is that much of an argument to remove a now established player.

Crouch should definitely be in the squad - i hold no doubts about that. He's 6ft 4 plus - hence he offers something no-one else can do, and that applies to many countries in the world-cup, very few with such dangerous tall players. The implications of his height are not to be underestimated.

Latest