The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Lord Huntroyde
"Guess an expression, in terms of n, for xn. Then, by induction or otherwise, prove the correctness of your guess"

These Cambridge Maths people are very good at English, it would be better to say "prove your guess is correct."

I prefer 'prove the integrity of your guess'.
Reply 41
Adhsur
I...got rejected from Clare.

Got pooled. :frown:

Sorry to hear it Adhsur, but at least they consider you 'Cambridge material' in that you were pooled and not outright rejected. I'm sure you'll succeed wherever you end up though. :smile:

Good luck,
Reply 42
jeez guys,all this uni talk is scaring me :frown: congratulations to everyone thsat got in! and for those of you that didn't,dont worry because im sure you'll do well wherever you end up going :smile:
Reply 43
I've already posted in University subforum but am posting again here because I'm so chuffed! :biggrin:

I got an offer of AAB + 1,1 for Trinity College this morning to read Maths. So delighted, wey!
Reply 44
theone
I've already posted in University subforum but am posting again here because I'm so chuffed! :biggrin:

I got an offer of AAB + 1,1 for Trinity College this morning to read Maths. So delighted, wey!

oo congratulations!! So happy for all of you! :biggrin:
AAA Emmanuel college to read Natsci.
Reply 46
Ralfskini
AAA Emmanuel college to read Natsci.

jeez Ralfi! well done!
Reply 47
AAB for physical natsci at churchill :smile:
Reply 48
*pukes*

well done everyone.
Reply 49
Adhsur
*pukes*

well done everyone.

I got rejected outright Adhsur ... at least youve got a second shot think of yourself as lucky! I got 4As at AS but Im obviously not Cambridge material :frown:
Reply 50
*dave*
I got rejected outright Adhsur ... at least youve got a second shot think of yourself as lucky! I got 4As at AS but Im obviously not Cambridge material :frown:

*hugs* it's terrible...terrible....

I just burst out crying when i saw it. I had my heart set on clare and now they want to keep me hanging for another rejection - I don't think I can bear it.
Reply 51
Cambridge economics - Anyone can tell me how many candidates there were for how many places at their College? What questions were asked at the interviews. I'll apply next year. Thanks.
Adhsur
*hugs* it's terrible...terrible....

I just burst out crying when i saw it. I had my heart set on clare and now they want to keep me hanging for another rejection - I don't think I can bear it.

Think more positively -- at least you're still in with a chance, if you do get an offer you'll grow to love whatever college you get (people seem to), and if not then you'll do fine at another uni.
Reply 53
Alexander
Think more positively -- at least you're still in with a chance, if you do get an offer you'll grow to love whatever college you get (people seem to), and if not then you'll do fine at another uni.

You're right.
NO POST TODAY!!! This is so frustrating... gotta wait until friday now at least.
Reply 55
I'm not going to get tired of writing this, so sorry for reposting in another thread...

AAA for Bio NatSci At Emmanuel! Yay!

Congrats to everyone who got in/was pooled (i'm taking that optimistically) Commiserations to those who didn't :frown:
Reply 56
Adhsur
You're right.

I got pooled too, don't worry bout it! Ok, i'm lying thru my teeth cos i'm kinda numb at the minute- i expected an outright yes or no (mostly no tho), and i remember coming out of the interview and saying to my parents 'oh man i hope i don't get pooled, i don't want to have to go thru all that again!'....sods law i guess. but they should call on monday or tuesday, that's only four days! we've waited two weeks for this letter! and we didn't get totally rejected....there is still some hope. oh and u might, possibly maybe, get re-interviewed by ur college. yay! o god i've totally babbled, sorry!

Jo x
Reply 57
AAA Jesus, NatSci (how? and why? but also YAY!) Can't believe it. So unexpected as interview was horrendous! OMG!
Reply 58
spam
my friend got an AAA offer for nat sci at St. Catherine's (with A in maths - shes doing 4 A2s) yay for her!!

wow...congrats
i applied for the same course at st catharine's..
well there goes another place....
Reply 59
fishpaste
I got in.

This is insane.

It's 3am here, I can't make any noise. I just want to wake everybody up and scream at them then call everybody.

I'm dying here.

how could you get the letter at 3am?

Latest

Trending

Trending