The Student Room Group

Requesting references multiple courses

Hi! I'm planning on applying to multiple courses at Oxbridge later this year. I was wondering how you guys request references (since these reference letters must be submitted to the portal by the referee themselves). Frankly, I prioritize high quality references more than just a random tutor or such, and so due to the nature of my bachelor programme, there's only maybe around 2-3 people I could actually request references from who know me well.

I already applied to Cambridge this cycle, and found it really hard to muster up the courage to basically say "hey I am applying to cambridge of all places, and so not only would I like you to send me a letter, but actually do the extra step of submitting it yourself into a portal". Is it even normal to ask professors to submit references into multiple courses?? I hope my question makes sense.
Hi,
The answer is just as simple as asking. Most lecturers who know you and want you to do well will be more than happy to submit something for you. As far as I know, submitting a reference for you on a portal directly is normally what happens, as long as you're on stand by to signpost them to the correct place.
Best of luck with your application,
Meg 🙂
MA Popular Music Student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending