The Student Room Group
Reply 1
titsmcgee
This might seem like a bit out of time, but I was wondering what marks people got in their F211 paper in Biology this year? I got 68/90, a quite high B, and I was wondering if people who got this, and who were expected As, are retaking?

I got roughly the same as you, which is a B.

I would strongly suggest you retake this unit next year in the summer like me because, there is going to be a synoptic paper where you'll be asked basically anywhere from the syllabus, by then you would have known everything inside out and would have a better chance of getting a higher grade rather than resitting in the summer.
My advise is for you to focus on Unit 2 which is worth 150 UMS
Reply 2
does anyone have the f211 january 2010 paper
please please get in contact so i can try and find a way for you to send it!!
Magnification - is the degree to which size of the image is larger than the object itself
Resolution - ability of a microscope to distinguish two point that are very close together

Light microscope- Magnification - *1500 and Resolution - 200nm , cheap to operate and purchase, living or dead speicimens, staining required, small area required,

Electron Microscope- Mag - *500000(TEM) and *100000(SEM) Resolution - 0.2 nm , expensive to purchase or operate, requires vaccum otherwise electrons will bounce off , specimen dead only (vaccum) , large area required, staining required by chemicals (metals) .
Reply 4
bjatshooters
Magnification - is the degree to which size of the image is larger than the object itself
Resolution - ability of a microscope to distinguish two point that are very close together

Light microscope- Magnification - *1500 and Resolution - 200nm , cheap to operate and purchase, living or dead speicimens, staining required, small area required,

Electron Microscope- Mag - *500000(TEM) and *100000(SEM) Resolution - 0.2 nm , expensive to purchase or operate, requires vaccum otherwise electrons will bounce off , specimen dead only (vaccum) , large area required, staining required by chemicals (metals) .

Good start, don't tell me this is the only thing you've learned so far? :eek:
Jhyzone
Good start, don't tell me this is the only thing you've learned so far? :eek:

if you want help on something follow this link

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=25369606#post25369606 :woo:
Reply 6
bjatshooters
if you want help on something follow this link

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=25369606#post25369606 :woo:

Remarkable, no, I am just asking if you have learned all the stuff now.
Its good that you're doing this but have you looked at past papers and mark schemes?
Jhyzone
Remarkable, no, I am just asking if you have learned all the stuff now.
Its good that you're doing this but have you looked at past papers and mark schemes?

Thats very swwet that you are concerned abt other people

Actually once I have learnt all the stuff , I will try the past papers because there is no point trying it now because I am sure taht I havent learnt all the stuff now

BTW r u restiing this unit as well
how much did u get last time
Reply 8
bjatshooters
Thats very swwet that you are concerned abt other people

Actually once I have learnt all the stuff , I will try the past papers because there is no point trying it now because I am sure taht I havent learnt all the stuff now

BTW r u restiing this unit as well
how much did u get last time

Yes, I care about people's achievement and I keep them motivated :yep:

Well, I do the opposite, I look for things I am clueless about and do it and see the mark scheme. Or what I did was, I copied all the questions from past papers into a notebook, left some spaces for answers then once finished copying all the questions, I will write the perfect model answer which is very concise for each question as OCR mark schemes are very specific so when I encountered that question again, I can just regurgitate it. I remember my Bio teacher said, it's only by repetition that you will learn.

No, I am not retaking, I just did past papers and passed with flying colours with grade B :yep: I'm quite shocked as I revised on the morning of the exam.

Good luck I know you will ACE it this time. Just make sure you do not left any important points out and use scientific terms.
Jhyzone
Yes, I care about people's achievement and I keep them motivated :yep:

Well, I do the opposite, I look for things I am clueless about and do it and see the mark scheme. Or what I did was, I copied all the questions from past papers into a notebook, left some spaces for answers then once finished copying all the questions, I will write the perfect model answer which is very concise for each question as OCR mark schemes are very specific so when I encountered that question again, I can just regurgitate it. I remember my Bio teacher said, it's only by repetition that you will learn.

No, I am not retaking, I just did past papers and passed with flying colours with grade B :yep: I'm quite shocked as I revised on the morning of the exam.

Good luck I know you will ACE it this time. Just make sure you do not left any important points out and use scientific terms.

thx

Latest

Trending

Trending