The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Worried about my results the whole time, then when I finally got the, partied like no tomorrow, then the stress of A-levels began... lol xD
sort of dp
Reply 22
Nothing. I waste my life every single day.
sakuj0
This, if you meant getting the characters' ultimate weapons.. the Chocobo race was the biggest pain!

Also, went out a few times in the beginning.. ended up just staying at home and watching way too much anime/films :frown:

The chocobo race was good fun, the first 15 attempts or so, at least...

I didn't get all of the ultimate weapons. I couldn't be bothered dodging the lightening bolts (there was a cheat for it anyway - a place you could stand and just leave the game running and the lightening would miss you without having to do anything) as I didn't use her anyway.

It's a bit sad (but sod it, i'm a bit nerdy and don't really care) but I very rarely put much time into anything, so the fact I decided to do it and followed it through right to the very end regardless of how long it took is one of my proudest achievements.

As for FFX-2 I've finally recently got a new ps2, but the disc is broke (ffx works well though, blitzball can still occupy me for hours on end) so I now need to track down a second hand copy.

I actually had a dream involving me scoring against the luca goers in overtime.
Reply 24
Had the opportunity to go Germany for a month to further my German. Turned it down thinking it was a stupid idea.

I ended up doing something similar after as levels and it completely changed me. I now wonder what I would have been like in AS if i had taken the opportunity.

Ended up just jamming the whole time, ruining my liver with cheap supermarket beer and with a head in a near constant cloud of pot smoke. I call it the lost summer. You will get plenty of time to do **** all later on so I would advise you to spend at least a period of it doing something constructive that will prepare you nicely for A levels.
I went to Moscow with my best mate, spent a lot of time doing sod all, then went to Leeds fest.
Reply 26
I went to Budapest for a few days with friends.
Reply 27
Went to various house parties, cant remember much of it, so it must have been good!
On the day i got my results though, me and my friends went to the school to pick them up with our rucksacks tents and camping supplied then headed to Leeds festival and had a brill time :biggrin:

We didn't half look daft though queing up for results dragging tents and sleeping bags along with us lol
Reply 28
watched wimbledon
I worked a bit, went out loads with friends, summer romance, loads of house and beach parties, drunk a lot, road trip, etc, etc. Oh my god, it was amazing, and I only remembered about GCSE results like the day before :biggrin:
Chilled. Went on Holiday, Paintballing :biggrin:, and playing cricket/football with mates every other day and all that usual stuff.
I took a beginners French course and relaxed a bit :smile:
I found a job, worked monday - friday for about £200 :p: The I spent it all on going out with friends, on holidays and shopping :awesome:

Think I also went on a 'taster week' to a uni course. Hated it; put me off the course, the uni and ever living in halls at uni :frown:
I'm really struggling to remember to be honest! Nothing very memorable then haha.
Reply 34
I met up with some friends and we went to school. Bah, no we didnt. We chilled. We partied. PS if you can go to the cinema during the day, do it! Everyone like myslef will be in school or college or at Uni or at work. Itll be empty!
went on holiday, chilled with friends, worried about results and had lord of the rings and star wars days :biggrin:
Reply 36
generally procrastinated and fapped around 3 times a day. Also went out quite a bit with friends.

sometimes i did all three together :ahee:
Reply 37
CallumMc
party like theres no tomorrow!

this!

and dont forget to have a huge book burning thingy with your mates while camping. i'd advise to not do it drunk tho as we have proven u can accidentally burn down all the tents :P it was a brilliant nite
Huge party for end of exams, another for end of school, though they were both within about 3 days of each other. Prom, loads of bbqs and bike rides, lots of clothes making and catching up with all my favourite Tv shows.
Then went on holiday the day after prom. Came back and got bored, so went on holiday again. I should have done something a bit more productive, but I still maintain that having a relaxing few weeks helps for a good mindset when starting again for sixth form.
Well I'm in the same boat (metaphorically speaking of course) as you. But I'm sort of creating a plan of what to do this this summer. (All 12 weeks of it!)

1. Buy/Borrow and read the following books.
- Catcher In The Rye By JD Salinger
- To Kill A Mockingbird By Harper Lee
- A moveable feast By Ernest Hemmingway
- The Scarlet Letter By Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Intellectual Life of the Working Classes By Jonathan Rose
- The Threthers Labour By Stephen Duck
- A Town Like Alice By Neville Shute
- IT By Stephen King

2. Go to Paris and...possibly America???

3. Shop until one drops (well until one has dropped there bank allowance into the minus figures)

4. Stay for 1 in Cambridge. Stay for a 1 week in Durham, stay for a week in lincoln.

5. Go to Alton Towers.

6. Get that guitar...learn how to play it!

7. Get a job????

8. Actually go in my pool.

9. Actually go on the trampoline.

10. Get AS books...read those too.

11. Be very bored, possibly watch every single episode of QI, Friends and Top Gear.

Latest

Trending

Trending