The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

hall size?time arriving on sept 24?politicshelp!

heya!
Going up to ikea on sat and wondering if any1 knows what size the rooms are about in lewes court 2? want to get a armchair but dont wanna buy one if it wont fit! im totally clueless bout all this!
Also what is a good time 2 get there?10am like the leaflet says!!dont want to get there and no1 else be there!!!
One more thing!!! i takin politics and philosophy and have taken philosophy at A-level but not politics.any1 else in similar position?ya think it gona b big problem?
Reply 1
I did politics but im sure it wont be a problem that you haven't. Im doing politics and international relations and have never done the latter before, you'll do fine.

Do you know your definetly in Lewes Court 2? I think theres an interactive tour of the uni on the sussex website which includes a 360 degree camera shot of a LC2 room.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
I wouldn't buy any extra furniture at all; and definitely not until you get your accommodation papers through. There is rarely enough room in university bedrooms for extra furniture.
Reply 3
Geez - everyone who knows their accomodation so far seems to be in LC phase 2!

Somehow I doubt I'll be getting my first choice then...
Reply 4
crazydaveuk
Geez - everyone who knows their accomodation so far seems to be in LC phase 2!

Somehow I doubt I'll be getting my first choice then...

i'm not, i'm in phase 1 :smile:
Reply 5
Pepaim
I did politics but im sure it wont be a problem that you haven't. Im doing politics and international relations and have never done the latter before, you'll do fine.

Do you know your definetly in Lewes Court 2? I think theres an interactive tour of the uni on the sussex website which includes a 360 degree camera shot of a LC2 room.

yeah i def know.i thought every1 knew where they are goin by now.interactive tour - i'll go on that!thanks!prob see ya in some lectures!
girlieariane
yeah i def know.i thought every1 knew where they are goin by now.interactive tour - i'll go on that!thanks!prob see ya in some lectures!

Just FYI - the interactive tour shows a bedroom in phase 1 (without en-suite). Here is a picture of a bedroom in Lewes Court Phase 2:
Reply 7
that picture looks nice, you think they have storage space under the beds?
Reply 8
How come you know? Did you defer last year as they alloacte your rooms first.
nikkif99uk
that picture looks nice, you think they have storage space under the beds?

Not sure about fitted storage space such as drawers but it looks as though you could fit a few boxes/suitcases under there.
Reply 10
i had an unconditional so got allocated before conditional offers
Reply 11
thats cool as got those plastic storage boxes that you roll under your bed and was hoping to take them with me to store stuff in.
Reply 12
don't get extra furniture, none of the halls have enough room for anything huge. and you don't need anything else, you get all you need. and the beds are soooo comfy, well mine was, you don't need any armchair or anything!

Flat 31...
^

What she said, don't overload yourself with stuff, just bring what you think you'll need and then buy order/buy stuff when you're actually living here. I doubt you'll need an arm chair, and I doubt there'll be space...The beds are fine, and you probably won't spend ages in your rooms anyway!

I packed my room with a load of stuff that just sat unused for months, most of it got driven back home after a while!
Reply 14
yeah i thought those storages boxes that roll under the bed would be handy for bits and pieces probs bring them empty and fill em up over the year lol.
I heard that the wardrobes have locks is that true? also do the cupboards in the kitchens lock? how much space do you usually get in the fridges/freezers in lewes court?
Depends on the size of your kitchen. You may have 2 fridges if you have a big flat, if not then you'll probably get a fridge freezer and a freezer. There's no locks on the cupboards, but there's not really any need. No one really steals things, they'll usually ask or do a 'Take'N'Replace' if you're not about. Milk is pretty much communal, so if you're bothered, let people know.

I'm not sure about wardrobe locks, I'm not sure why you'd need one to be honest, you can always lock your door!

It might be worth buying some of those boxes, BUT, I don't know if all of the beds in Lewes Court are the same. I vaguely remember some beds having a solid mattress that had drawers built in...I'd wait until you get there :smile:
Reply 16
i'll take em and if i don't need them my parents can take them home with them. Just thought i read somewhere about getting your room and wardrobe key somewhere so was curious

Latest

Trending

Trending