The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We can't take our chances, we provide the opposition with more chances than they deserve and we are ridiculously unlucky with referees. Apart from that, we're playing our best football for years, but it does add up to provide a sense of foreboding. I'm afraid to say it, but I think we're very likely to be relegated unless we can address at least a couple of our problems very soon. Yes, it's early in the season, but so many problems have manifested themselves already. I'm not so sure it's the full-backs either; Perch and Bennett may suffice until January. I'm much more concerned about Wes Morgan who seems to want Wilson to do the job of two centre-backs.

Oh, and we need a midfielder too. Chris Cohen is our defensive midfield lynchpin, our midfield aggressor and our playmaker all at once at the moment. Guy Moussi's confidence looks shot (he still seems a very talented player to me), whilst Perchy too is doing the job of a couple (and admirably - funny for a player who supposedly isn't good enough for League One). Lee Martin, Garath McCleary, Arron Davies and Paul Anderson (if he ever returns) should see us right in terms of width. Up-front, Earnshaw's got to do it all. Tyson's a wonderful player in the first two-thirds of the field, but he cannot finish for his life. Cole's touch is deft, but he can't get into the positions any more.

I only hope Garner will provide a cooler head up top. If Calderwood goes 4-4-2, I'd love to see a centre-back and an experienced anchor for the midfield brought in on loan. That, in my mind at least, would provide the solidity around which our positive football could build something. I don't think we're a million miles away and I would honestly say the entertainment value has increased markedly. We probably should have won at least three of our home games on performances alone, as it is we've won one. Plymouth away looks ominous to me. I can see us playing well and losing by a couple of goals. I remember Eoin Jess bringing us back from 2-0 down many a year back, only for us to give away a stupid penalty.

I'm grateful for small mercies, as I shan't be attending.
Reply 2241
RMKISTHEBEST
hahaha baggies fan

enjoy next season when you get relegated and we're in the premiership

WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!

haha, yup you are...well done, and guess what? we're 4 places ahead :P
LukeatForest
We can't take our chances, we provide the opposition with more chances than they deserve and we are ridiculously unlucky with referees. Apart from that, we're playing our best football for years, but it does add up to provide a sense of foreboding. I'm afraid to say it, but I think we're very likely to be relegated unless we can address at least a couple of our problems very soon. Yes, it's early in the season, but so many problems have manifested themselves already. I'm not so sure it's the full-backs either; Perch and Bennett may suffice until January. I'm much more concerned about Wes Morgan who seems to want Wilson to do the job of two centre-backs.

Oh, and we need a midfielder too. Chris Cohen is our defensive midfield lynchpin, our midfield aggressor and our playmaker all at once at the moment. Guy Moussi's confidence looks shot (he still seems a very talented player to me), whilst Perchy too is doing the job of a couple (and admirably - funny for a player who supposedly isn't good enough for League One). Lee Martin, Garath McCleary, Arron Davies and Paul Anderson (if he ever returns) should see us right in terms of width. Up-front, Earnshaw's got to do it all. Tyson's a wonderful player in the first two-thirds of the field, but he cannot finish for his life. Cole's touch is deft, but he can't get into the positions any more.

I only hope Garner will provide a cooler head up top. If Calderwood goes 4-4-2, I'd love to see a centre-back and an experienced anchor for the midfield brought in on loan. That, in my mind at least, would provide the solidity around which our positive football could build something. I don't think we're a million miles away and I would honestly say the entertainment value has increased markedly. We probably should have won at least three of our home games on performances alone, as it is we've won one. Plymouth away looks ominous to me. I can see us playing well and losing by a couple of goals. I remember Eoin Jess bringing us back from 2-0 down many a year back, only for us to give away a stupid penalty.

I'm grateful for small mercies, as I shan't be attending.

Yer I remember listening to that game.. You made a lot of decent points there, do you use TalkForest?
Come back when you've scored over 100 goals for 2 seasons and won the league.
Reply 2244
Birmingham 0-1 Blackpool

Brilliant performance y'day, fully deserved all three points. Da Da Da Gary Taylor-Fletcher!
As a Reading fan, having now seen their first 'goal' against Watford, I wouldn't be surprised if Watford were given the three points or the match would be played again. If I was a Watford fan, I would be very annoyed...
Tricky_Tree
Yer I remember listening to that game.. You made a lot of decent points there, do you use TalkForest?

I often visit TF, yes, but am only an infrequent poster.
McPhee8
Birmingham 0-1 Blackpool

Brilliant performance y'day, fully deserved all three points. Da Da Da Gary Taylor-Fletcher!

Great result. Unlike us! Another last minute defeat but sounds like we played well and found the Norwich keeper in form.
Car Expert
As a Reading fan, having now seen their first 'goal' against Watford, I wouldn't be surprised if Watford were given the three points or the match would be played again. If I was a Watford fan, I would be very annoyed...

Just stated it won't be - I'd have been quite happy for them to replay it though.
(Although we did have a goal disallowed that was blatantly fine, but whatever).
Goals change games so it would be impossible to just award the points to Watford.

Referee incompetence of the highest order though!
Nottingham Forest vs Republic of Ireland, 9th October! Any trickies here going? Just booked my flight today :smile:
Wolves

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
Finally a win! :biggrin: Reward for the fans who went and saw the defeat at Arsenal.
Reply 2253
A win against the kn0benders AND a trip to Chelsea? Somebody had better pinch me quick cause I must be dreaming. There's a contender for goal of the season in Joey Gudjonsson's equaliser, an incredible strike, I can't wait to see it again.
lozz2601
Just stated it won't be - I'd have been quite happy for them to replay it though.
(Although we did have a goal disallowed that was blatantly fine, but whatever).

Urgh, your team gave us an absolute thrashing tonight, well played.
Yeh, I am beyond chuffed with that. Was hoping for a draw at best, but a convincing win in (what sounds like) a relatively good fashion is brilliant.
An 11 point gap would have been hideous though.
2 wins in a row!!! :biggrin:
**** off Forest!
Reply 2258
Rochdale Afc supporter here :smile:
Tricky_Tree
**** off Forest!

:frown:

Calderwood must be on the brink!
Kitty_x
Rochdale Afc supporter here :smile:

Well I suppose someone has to :p:

Will you go up this year? :cool: