The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Huddersfield are flying at the minute.
Brentford 1-1 Oldham.

Huge apathy.
Reply 3722
mikeytk
I hope you weren't the mongy girl throwing violent gestures towards us...

I may just be bitter but... Never a ******* penalty! And the second was offside :p:

I doubt it haha.
Rock Fan
Huddersfield are flying at the minute.

Yup, Theo Robinson's taken over from Jordan Rhodes' scoring with 6 goals in 6 games.

Both players at the top scorers in all competitions for League One too, never thought I'd see one let alone two :biggrin:

Second and third top scorers in the Football League, behind Chopra with 8.
Reply 3724
Does anyone agree with me that the football league show is terrible.
I agree.
Three wins on the trot, 3 clean sheets in a row for Barnet now. And a chance to go top of the league (for 18 hours) if we beat Northampton on Friday night. I was optimistic for this season, but not that optimistic! Still a long way to go, but for now am loving it.

Great win against Notts County on Saturday. A draw would probably have been a fair result, neither team were at their best, but who's to argue with a last second winner eh?!!! All the more sweeter against 'Big Club' County.

Our defence was brilliant, midfield won the battle, but neither team looked like they were going to score until super sub Jake Hyde scored his third of the season. He had replaced last years top scorer, John O'Flynn, who was playing his first game of the season due to injury; and was no way match fit. Shame really, because on another day he'd have scored our other main chance, in a game of few chances for either team.

No doubt Notts County will be up there at the end of the season, probably top, but they'll have to improve on that performance. With Schmeical though, although only having to make one proper save, you could tell from his distribution he's a class above this league, the difference that makes is amazing. Once they start to gel as a team, and their strikers learn the offside rule, they'll be very hard to beat.
Reply 3727
Last night he said we played Burnley :lolwut: he said it was our first league win.. did Aldershot not exsist? and the guy at the end saying Kennedy's celebration could of caused a riot haha, but the fact most of the fans were saying stuff about his dead mother is beyond banter.
Ah well, shoddy Bbc reporting.
Reply 3728
Kitty_x
Last night he said we played Burnley :lolwut: he said it was our first league win.. did Aldershot not exsist? and the guy at the end saying Kennedy's celebration could of caused a riot haha, but the fact most of the fans were saying stuff about his dead mother is beyond banter.
Ah well, shoddy Bbc reporting.

I don't condone what some Bury fans were saying (don't know if his mum is actually dead or not) but he is a proffesional, he should be able to take that kind of thing. He actually could have caused a riot.

Idiot.

And yes the Football League Show is tosh.
Reply 3729
mikeytk
I don't condone what some Bury fans were saying (don't know if his mum is actually dead or not) but he is a proffesional, he should be able to take that kind of thing. He actually could have caused a riot.

Idiot.

And yes the Football League Show is tosh.

I disagree, if fans can give him some 'banter' which is way beyond it then surely they can take his celebration.
It's happened to us all.
Reply 3730
Kitty_x
I disagree, if fans can give him some 'banter' which is way beyond it then surely they can take his celebration.
It's happened to us all.

Not when people's safety is at stake though. Not very mature of him. He is a footballer though I guess.
Reply 3731
mikeytk
Not when people's safety is at stake though. Not very mature of him. He is a footballer though I guess.

But did all your fans try to run on the pitch? or just the idiots? or that fat guy.
Some of your fans chose to give him stick about his mum, every time he got the ball he was boo'd, Kennedy scored he celebrated and Bury fans couldn't take it, they shouldn't dish out the banter if they can't take it in return.
Kitty_x
Does anyone agree with me that the football league show is terrible.

It's not as bad as ITV. They were shocking with their highlights. The BBC are better.

Finally we won at the weekend. Magilton was on his last legs until that win. Been a terrible start for us. We need a striker ASAP as young Jay Simpson is not the answer.
Caitlin_QPRx
It's not as bad as ITV. They were shocking with their highlights. The BBC are better.

Absolutely, anything is better than ITV really.

After 5 games I think it's become pretty clear that the Championship is going to be closer than ever. We could have gone top on Saturday but in the end we're 7th. Such a shame there's this international break getting in the way.
stattotheblade
Absolutely, anything is better than ITV really.

After 5 games I think it's become pretty clear that the Championship is going to be closer than ever. We could have gone top on Saturday but in the end we're 7th. Such a shame there's this international break getting in the way.

Agreed its going to be close this season. We always win before an international break. So frustrating. Its always the way :rolleyes: I just hope none of our international players get injured.
Reply 3735
Caitlin_QPRx

Finally we won at the weekend. Magilton was on his last legs until that win. Been a terrible start for us. We need a striker ASAP as young Jay Simpson is not the answer.

In my opinion the football league show has less time for lower league teams for example league 2. They can't even be bothered to check up a few facts. They said it was Rochdale's first league win when it wasn't.
They said we played Burnley, when it was Bury.
Kitty_x
In my opinion the football league show has less time for lower league teams for example league 2. They can't even be bothered to check up a few facts. They said it was Rochdale's first league win when it wasn't.
They said we played Burnley, when it was Bury.

Oh dear that is terrible! As they are giving more time for the Championship then they are lowering the time for League one and League two. Which isn't right.

I'm happier with this as Championship games get more time. We get over a minute now when it was 20 seconds or even less than that on ITV.

My only problem with this show its on too late and also I really don't like the text and e-mail idea. They could use that time to show more of the highlights for the lower leagues.
Reply 3737
Kitty_x
But did all your fans try to run on the pitch? or just the idiots? or that fat guy.
Some of your fans chose to give him stick about his mum, every time he got the ball he was boo'd, Kennedy scored he celebrated and Bury fans couldn't take it, they shouldn't dish out the banter if they can't take it in return.

I'm not condoning what the minority of Bury fans did, I'm just saying, TK must have known what would happen. There's always a few idiots.

And apparently his mum isn't even dead or ill or anything so that was all over nothing.
:biggrin: Top of the league.

Crap game tonight, but Leicester should go really far in this league. They're a good team.

Hardest test is next though (hardest test so far, anyway) against Cardiff away.
Reply 3739
Latest development is Colchester's new manager is Aidy Boothroyd. Premier League here we come! Who needs Lambchops...Norwich obvviously.

Latest