The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4880
Dalimyr
Don't you think it'd be a little sad to finally be leaving the Rochdale League, though? You've been there for decades, after all :biggrin:

Yes :frown: I wont speak too soon thought I don't want to jinx what could happen.
But this season has been the highlight of all my years supporting Rochdale, I am so excited at what could happen!
As they say 'It needs a new name, the Rochdale division it needs a new name'!
Reply 4881
Edging slowly to automatic promotion, hoping each game the team doesn't **** up
Reply 4882
V1NY
Edging slowly to automatic promotion, hoping each game the team doesn't **** up

It is pretty certain that you will go up now. It is just a case of when that will be. Sort of a shame from a selfish point of view as I would've liked another trip to SJP next season, a truly awesome football ground. From what I've seen I think it's fair to say though that Newcastle have not been the world beaters that a lot of idiot pundits predicted but they have been efficient and got results even when not playing well, very similar to Birmingham last season and look at them now. Regardless of having the most expensive squad in the league by a fair margin Newcastle have shown great character to be where they are now. They could easily have crumbled under huge pressure and expectation and Hughton has so far has proven a lot of people wrong about his ability to manage this expectation.

Hope we can throw a spanner in the works next Tuesday and go on to win the playoffs. Unlikely but who knows? I was going to say that stranger things have happened but being honest I would probably wrong. To be the first pub team to get to the Premier League would be unreal.:biggrin:
Reply 4883
Going to Forest vs Peterborough tomorrow. Hopefully 3 points in the bag :biggrin:
Bet you are all super jealous :sexface: Sheffield Wednesday are the first club to have built a 'social networking' site for Wednesday fans - http://www.ourwednesday.com/

You can blog, upload photos, videos, discuss, add friends and chat to them in suspiciously similar ways to Facebook and lots of other things :sexface:
It'll deteriorate into depravity any minute.
DJB_1990
To be the first pub team to get to the Premier League would be unreal.:biggrin:
Leeds beat you to it :sadnod:
:p:

Phobia27
Sheffield Wednesday are the first club to have built a 'social networking' site for Wednesday fans
Well, I'd be a bit worried if Man Utd built a social networking site for Wednesday fans :biggrin:
DJB_1990
It is pretty certain that you will go up now. It is just a case of when that will be. Sort of a shame from a selfish point of view as I would've liked another trip to SJP next season, a truly awesome football ground. From what I've seen I think it's fair to say though that Newcastle have not been the world beaters that a lot of idiot pundits predicted but they have been efficient and got results even when not playing well, very similar to Birmingham last season and look at them now. Regardless of having the most expensive squad in the league by a fair margin Newcastle have shown great character to be where they are now. They could easily have crumbled under huge pressure and expectation and Hughton has so far has proven a lot of people wrong about his ability to manage this expectation.

Hope we can throw a spanner in the works next Tuesday and go on to win the playoffs. Unlikely but who knows? I was going to say that stranger things have happened but being honest I would probably wrong. To be the first pub team to get to the Premier League would be unreal.:biggrin:

Hey there, looking forward to todays game? Wish I was going, never been to your new ground but couldn't afford to do todays game and our home game next week! :frown:
Looks like we've ground out a 1-0 away win at Stockport. That's the kind of result we're going to need most this season, forget the draws with Leeds. Good team effort.
Can't believe we got a draw today, was expecting a defeat with our away form and Henderson being out injured AGAIN.
Good battling display to get something with a late goal. :yes:
Typical Wednesday, not capitalising on the games we need to win. We need to win on Wednesday against Watford, no excuses.
Reply 4891
That is what happens when clear cut chances aren't taken. Should have been 3-0 up at half time but fair play to the blades, they came out second half and dominated it though they didn't create much for all the posession and balls launched into the box. Unfortunately they got the goal that their pressure deserved at the end to deny us the win. Shame we couldn't hang on. Bring on Newcastle on Tuesday with Billy back to (hopefully) convert the chances.
Reply 4892
Was hoping for a win today, but given the events, I'm happy with the point
Reply 4893
Still top of the league and clear by 11 points, this is the best season ever. Plus coming back from 2-0 down to win 2-4 is amazing :awesome:
DJB_1990
That is what happens when clear cut chances aren't taken. Should have been 3-0 up at half time but fair play to the blades, they came out second half and dominated it though they didn't create much for all the posession and balls launched into the box. Unfortunately they got the goal that their pressure deserved at the end to deny us the win. Shame we couldn't hang on. Bring on Newcastle on Tuesday with Billy back to (hopefully) convert the chances.

I heard we were awful in the first half. They must have got a telling off at half time for the second half to be so different. Did our new keeper have much to do, if so did he look ok? I've always rated him.
Reply 4895
ipswichblade
I heard we were awful in the first half. They must have got a telling off at half time for the second half to be so different. Did our new keeper have much to do, if so did he look ok? I've always rated him.

Simonsen looked decent, off the top of my head I can remember two good saves that he made and was pretty solid. Blades came out fighting second half and worked really hard especially Montgomery. I think we tried to sit back on the lead and soak up the pressure but we couldn't hold out unfortunately for us. I now think the playoffs are beyond us both now with Cardiff winning today and us sharing the points yesterday.
DJB_1990
Simonsen looked decent, off the top of my head I can remember two good saves that he made and was pretty solid. Blades came out fighting second half and worked really hard especially Montgomery. I think we tried to sit back on the lead and soak up the pressure but we couldn't hold out unfortunately for us. I now think the playoffs are beyond us both now with Cardiff winning today and us sharing the points yesterday.

We play Cardiff at their place on Wednesday night. We draw or lose and our season is 100% over, a win would make things interesting. :yes:
You might laugh, but Reading are still in with a chance of play-offs, especially with our games in hand :biggrin:

Under McDermott we've won 8 out of the last 9 and arguably have the strongest midfield in the whole league. I don't see why we couldn't scrape a 6th finish.

Then again, it was only a few months ago we were 4 points adrift in the relegation zone.... lets not do a Brendan Rodgers and get carried away with ourselves!
Vanessa_x
You might laugh, but Reading are still in with a chance of play-offs, especially with our games in hand :biggrin:

Under McDermott we've won 8 out of the last 9 and arguably have the strongest midfield in the whole league. I don't see why we couldn't scrape a 6th finish.

Then again, it was only a few months ago we were 4 points adrift in the relegation zone.... lets not do a Brendan Rodgers and get carried away with ourselves!
We've got a few tough games coming up, but certainly we have an outside chance of the play-offs if we continue this good run. If Cardiff were to get deducted 10 points due to their financial problems (sorry Cardiff fans!), that would put us only 5 points away from the play-offs with two games in hand...

But best not to be carried away just yet... Bristol City, QPR, Doncaster to name a few were flying high in the league at certain points in the season and a couple of defeats later have/had suddenly found themselves in a relegation battle. I think our aim for now is to just try and see how far up the table we can get and see where we go from there.
Reply 4899
thought i better show my face in this thread and represent west brom!
difficult derby game against coventry tomorrow, but hopefully we'll be able to carry on our run of home victories..
got a few injury problems as usual, but i'm optimistic :yep:

Latest