The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jangrafess
You should still make it. And ffs don't let Notts County win the league.

This!
Reply 5001
Jangrafess
You should still make it. And ffs don't let Notts County win the league.

I hope no££ts cheaty don't win the league!
Have you heard about the club making Lee Hughes masks for the fans, disgraceful!
Kitty_x
I hope no££ts cheaty don't win the league!
Have you heard about the club making Lee Hughes masks for the fans, disgraceful!

Indeed.

Off topic but I see you're going to Hallam and you've applied for the same accomodation as I did back in 2005-I actually lived at Charlotte Court so any questions you have you know where I am. :smile: You're going to be so close to Bramall Lane in either of those. :biggrin:
Reply 5003
What's the financial situation at Notts? The last I heard they were in a mess with millions of £s of debt but it's gone a bit quiet on that front. I saw somewhere that Schmeichel is on £20k a week there but I don't know how true this is. That's crazy if it is.

Also well done Darlo, our record of being the worst FL team still stands. :biggrin:
haha bless. 'don't let notts county win the league' the team who finishes on the most points at the end of the season deserves to win the league, end of. Now i'm not saying that we have done it the honest way like Dale have and don't get me wrong I hope they go up along with Bournemouth, they deserve it, but to brand us 'cheats' like many people have done now we have suddenly hit our peak and are going on a great run is ridiculous :s-smilie: Yes, we have a couple of players who are a bit out of our price range and they will no doubt be leaving next season, but we are now currently working under the 60% wage cap rule, after the wonders in which Ray Trew has done to our proud club. He has put in his own money into the club and let's not forget, we have had an embargo under us for sometime now, along with Bournemouth. So as for you 'fans' of other clubs constantly branding us cheats, get the **** over it! Do you seriously think blabbing on an internet messageboard is going to do any favours? Concentrate on your own clubs, especially Rochdale fans, so close to a much deserved and long awaited promotion..if we do win the league and all you can say from that is, you are cheats, we should be top..you got promoted! just be glad to get out of this **** hole of a league after 37 years whatever it is! Schmeichel is on about 18k a week, however he will be leaving at the end of the season. One last word, our new owners who took over us at the start of the season who promised all this joy turned out to be completely full of **** and left out club in a right state, taking money out of the clubs finances and putting none back in and for us to avoid administration and after all the crap that's being going off behind the scenes I think our players deserve a hell of a lot of praise! Up the mighty Notts County FC!
I don't want you to not go up because I think you're cheats. There are many teams I don't wish success upon, like Luton, QPR and MK Dons. Because of the way your club has been run this season, I don't want you to get promoted. There are aspects other than the number of points you have that are important, particularly in the lower leagues. A badly run club might even be making a mistake reaping success because of that, whereas if you stayed down a few more seasons and sorted out the way your club is run and go up as an example of a well run club it's far preferable, both from the points of view of your own supporters and to the neutral. You've had a lot of crap this season and a lot of it was unfortunate and a pain for the fans, as you couldn't help it, but I honestly don't think promotion is good for you immediately. It's not as if I dislike your club for reasons similar to MK Dons, QPR and Luton, who I hope never have any lasting success whatsoever.
how can you not sympathise for the likes of darlo and luton, just some **** of an owner ****** them up, they've had serious consequences and in all honesty wouldn't be surprised if the football league punished us for whatever reason, despite the fact they are just as much to blame, they ratified the takeover after all, were shown proof of funds which they approved, it's amazing how we've gone from a little family club who everyone loved, to a well known team who are more or less promoted who people generally hate..would i change it for anything, would i ****! took me 8 away games until i saw my first notts victory! 8!! now i've seen more home and away wins than we have put together in the past 3 seasons i bet haha
I sympathise greatly with Darlington. But Luton's a scummy ****hole full of horrible fans, a horrible matchday experience and generally surrounded by the sort of people who I don't like in football. Whoever built that massive stadium for Darlington was a prick too, what a waste of resources.

I'm sure you're a true fan and I respect that. But I don't want to see your club in League One.
3 days until the Sheffield derby. Getting worried already as I think we'll draw at best. Be nice to beat em and have them even more worried about dropping to league 1.
Our injury crisis is now so bad we've got the entire first eleven out injured apparently.

FFS, we always have to end a season like this. Last year it was going through seven strikers in a month in a desperate attempt not to win the league, now we've just spread it over the entire team.
Reply 5010
We've got Ipswich away today in an end of season, nothing game. Shockingly a ticket would have cost me £31! They can balls at that price.
Norwich 1-0 up against Charlton. If it stays like that they're promoted.

And Gillingham are 3-0 up against Leeds. :toofunny:
Reply 5012
Jangrafess
And Gillingham are 3-0 up against Leeds. :toofunny:

:rofl: Shame everyone around them lost/are losing.
DJB_1990
:rofl: Shame everyone around them lost/are losing.

At least they won't be champions now.
Norwich are promoted. Straight fight between Leeds, Millwall, Swindon and Charlton for the second promotion spot really.

Brentford got a nice boring 0-0 mid-table draw. :smile:
Reply 5015
Rochdale, Norwich and Notts :clap2:
Massive congrats to Rochdale. :biggrin:
Yep, congrats to Rochdale. Also well done to Norwich, Notts County and Stevenage who will now be playing in the football league next season!
Reply 5018
Good result for ********** today, 3-0 over Bristol City :colonhash:

**********=Scun-thorpe
Yeah, they are just about safe now. Dreading the game tomorrow now! lol!

Latest