The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scott129
How the absolute **** did we not get all 3 points away at Charlton? Dominated large parts of the game and had so many freaking chances! We need a clinical goalscorer, something we've needed for a couple of seasons now.

I am a Derby fan and went to the game yesterday. We created so many chances to win the game, 16 corners ffs. Yeh I agree with you about the clinical goalscorer comment, if we had a clinical goalscorer we definitely would have scored a couple in the first half when crosses were drilled across their 6 yard box. That seems to be our probably, when we do dominate teams we never show it on the scoreboard with a goal.

To be fair though Charlton had the best chance to take the game away from us at 1-0 when that guy hit the bar from 12 yards out.
Reply 7601
Original post by hsv
Thanks for that. Any chance of a non league thread?

Well, as before, it would be more than fine if you could find a couple of other people who would keep it afloat. It would probably be better if you could find at least one or two other interested people before you start the thread, but if you want you could start a thread and see if people are interested as well. Let me know if you need any help. :smile:
I wouldn't have minded a non-league thread when Torquay United were down in the Conference. That is one tough league to get out of...
Original post by Vividness
I am a Derby fan and went to the game yesterday. We created so many chances to win the game, 16 corners ffs. Yeh I agree with you about the clinical goalscorer comment, if we had a clinical goalscorer we definitely would have scored a couple in the first half when crosses were drilled across their 6 yard box. That seems to be our probably, when we do dominate teams we never show it on the scoreboard with a goal.

To be fair though Charlton had the best chance to take the game away from us at 1-0 when that guy hit the bar from 12 yards out.

Yeah, know exactly what you mean. My dream signing would absolutely be Matty Fryatt at the minute. I was gutted when we publicly missed out on him before his move to Hull and I'd still have him in a heartbeat.
I thought Theo showed glimpses of being a good goal poacher at the beginning of the season but he's kind of gone off the boil now and his little tantrum at Charlton about the penalty will put him in Cloughie's bad books. As for Sammon, the guy is the least clinical striker I've ever seen. The header he had against Charlton was a sitter. Should have buried it.
Yeah the non league thread kinda died out in the end, there's a few non league fans knocking around somewhere, I keep half an eye on Redditch Town as I lived there for the early part of my life
Original post by Rock Fan
Brentford have surprised a few people this season but it is good to see them up there, wonder how Harry Forrester is getting on there.

Probably player of the season so far. He's far too good for League One but he's just pledged his upcoming future to us so for once we're not going to sell a star player in January! Without him so many wins would have been draws. It's very exciting to have a team of this quality, we're far better than the team that came third in this division a few years back, but the other teams challenging for promotion are also much better! We'll ease to play-offs, but our record is so bad that that's pretty much an omen of death... :frown:

You should never have released Harry! And I'm so pleased he rejected Ajax for us :biggrin:
Original post by Jangrafess
Probably player of the season so far. He's far too good for League One but he's just pledged his upcoming future to us so for once we're not going to sell a star player in January! Without him so many wins would have been draws. It's very exciting to have a team of this quality, we're far better than the team that came third in this division a few years back, but the other teams challenging for promotion are also much better! We'll ease to play-offs, but our record is so bad that that's pretty much an omen of death... :frown:

You should never have released Harry! And I'm so pleased he rejected Ajax for us :biggrin:

I just wondered because Villa were looking at re-signing him but i'd be surprised as they originally let him go, but who knows. Nice to see you again by the way Mike.
I just wondered because Villa were looking at re-signing him but i'd be surprised as they originally let him go, but who knows. Nice to see you again by the way Mike.

Yeah fair enough. As I said, he's promised to see his contract out with us and possibly sign an extension if we go up. You too Carl. :smile:
Yeah fair enough. As I said, he's promised to see his contract out with us and possibly sign an extension if we go up. You too Carl. :smile:

He's better off staying with you lot for a bit, otherwise if a big time snaps him up I he won't develop then.
Can anyone predict the League One top six at the moment? Here's mine:

1.Sheffield United
2.Doncaster
3.Tranmere
4.MK Dons
5.Coventry
6.Notts County

and as for relegation:

21.Portsmouth
22.Bury
23.Scunthorpe
24.Hartlepool

Top scorer will be Clayton Donaldson, fantastic striker who I'd love to have at Dons. I also think the top six and bottom four will both be tight on the final day, which should make this year very exciting!
Original post by MK 'till I die!
Can anyone predict the League One top six at the moment? Here's mine:

1.Sheffield United
2.Doncaster
3.Tranmere
4.MK Dons
5.Coventry
6.Notts County

and as for relegation:

21.Portsmouth
22.Bury
23.Scunthorpe
24.Hartlepool

Top scorer will be Clayton Donaldson, fantastic striker who I'd love to have at Dons. I also think the top six and bottom four will both be tight on the final day, which should make this year very exciting!

Surprised that you think Donaldson will overhaul McGoldrick as top scorer but that we'll drop out of the top six!
Original post by Scott129
Yeah, know exactly what you mean. My dream signing would absolutely be Matty Fryatt at the minute. I was gutted when we publicly missed out on him before his move to Hull and I'd still have him in a heartbeat.
I thought Theo showed glimpses of being a good goal poacher at the beginning of the season but he's kind of gone off the boil now and his little tantrum at Charlton about the penalty will put him in Cloughie's bad books. As for Sammon, the guy is the least clinical striker I've ever seen. The header he had against Charlton was a sitter. Should have buried it.

Yeah Sammon and Theo are very frustrating players to watch. I'm not sure if Theo's tantrum is necessarily a bad thing, at least it shows some passion. Hopefully Ward can help out a bit on the goals front now he is kind of back, not sure how bad is injury was on Saturday?
Surprised that you think Donaldson will overhaul McGoldrick as top scorer but that we'll drop out of the top six!

McGoldrick comes back to us (Forest) in January, and then he'll be sold to another Championship club more than likely because he is ****e

You'll sell Forrester, and then you'll be a Donaldson-dependent team, like MacLeod for Barnet last season.
Original post by MK 'till I die!
You'll sell Forrester, and then you'll be a Donaldson-dependent team, like MacLeod for Barnet last season.

We're not selling him, he's pledged his future to us to the end of the season when his contract's up. No one's going to put in a big bid for a player out of contract at the end of the season who is still unproven. He's only played about 20 games at League One level. I've come to terms with the fact that he's almost certainly off at the end of the season!

Also, Forshaw and Douglas are the driving force of our team, not Donaldson. He just gets on the end of it. We'll finish top six.
Fire sale at Birmingham starts next week.

Relegation beckons.
Original post by original_username
Fire sale at Birmingham starts next week.

Relegation beckons.

wait for us, god it is so depressing in Birmingham right now:frown:
wait for us, god it is so depressing in Birmingham right now:frown:

Technically the Baggies are in brum. They're the only ones enjoying their football.
Original post by original_username
Technically the Baggies are in brum. They're the only ones enjoying their football.

Probably a barroll of laughs for them
Great win for the Rams against a strong team. Bit gutted we let in a goal right at the end but 3 points nevertheless! COYR

Latest