The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
Oh I don't plan to go to the ground

Probably wise.
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
I don't know how that repulsive place can even be classified as a football stadium. It's rubbish! Rubbish team, rubbish fans, rubbish atmosphere, rubbish tactics, rubbish style of play and an overrated manager. It's a ****hole.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Every word the truth.
You can't write stuff like this:

Bradfod 3-1 Aston Villa in the League cup semi-final 1rst leg
It must be brilliant to be a Bradford fan this season!
Original post by MonsterMorris

It is! :gthumb:
Reply 7685
Original post by Brotherhood

Well done tbh. :yep:
Original post by MonsterMorris

And still in the Johnstone Paint Trophy too!

Only Brentford have beaten Bradford in a cup match this season.
Original post by Scott129
Tickets for Derby v Forest booked. Great seats as well, although I did have to fork out £32 for them. Should be well worth it though. Considering our home form and current record against them, I'm very confident of a win.

You don't even need to consider your home form or recent record against us. Just look who our manager is and you know you've got the win!

I haven't even bothered with this game this year. Went last year and the atmosphere was ****e, and Derby fans were singing those chants about Doughty which was disgusting. I was well up for going though after the Leeds game on Boxing Day, and tickets for ST holders were on sale on the 27th. Luckily, my mate didn't get paid til the 28th and by the time he did McLeish had been appointed, so we scrapped plans for it.
Millwall for us on Saturday! (BWFC) Going to be a tough game, we need to start winning games consistently if we want to be anywhere near the play offs, I think automatic promotion is out of our reach, but you never know!

People were right when they said the championship is a tough league, admittedly I thought we would breeze through it! How I was wrong... :P
Maybe it's because I'm biased to some degree, but surely Brentford vs Chelsea is a contender for tie of the round if we beat Southend? West London derby, there's a bit of tension there, although we haven't played for decades.

Our cup win against Bradford just keeps getting better and better. :biggrin:
Original post by Jangrafess
Maybe it's because I'm biased to some degree, but surely Brentford vs Chelsea is a contender for tie of the round if we beat Southend? West London derby, there's a bit of tension there, although we haven't played for decades.

Are you a Brentford fan?

If so I really like that Harry Forrester player of yours. He looks like a class act. Wouldn't mind Forest trying to sign him.
Original post by Baines3
Are you a Brentford fan?

If so I really like that Harry Forrester player of yours. He looks like a class act. Wouldn't mind Forest trying to sign him.

Yep. He's class. You won't get him in this transfer window as he's committed his future to us. You might have a chance at the end of the season if we don't go up: he's said if we don't get promoted he'd possibly be open to moving to a Championship club, but if we do go up he'll only move to the Prem.

Well we did put out a weakened side, but credit where credit's due.
Well we did put out a weakened side, but credit where credit's due.

Aye but so did we. Admittedly we're the division above but that didn't get Arsenal anywhere.

Brentford better beat Southend. Brentford - Chelsea is the dream FA Cup tie for me. :moon:
Original post by KingMessi
Brentford better beat Southend. Brentford - Chelsea is the dream FA Cup tie for me. :moon:

Are you going to the Southend match? I've read on the Brentford boards that having a stub from the replay puts you third in line after season ticket holders, Bees United/BIAS members, to go to the Chelsea game if we get there. I've actually booked train tickets down from Manchester for it, it'll only be my third home game of the season! I've been to more away matches this year.
Any Blades out there?

...Nope, thought not :cool:
Are you going to the Southend match? I've read on the Brentford boards that having a stub from the replay puts you third in line after season ticket holders, Bees United/BIAS members, to go to the Chelsea game if we get there. I've actually booked train tickets down from Manchester for it, it'll only be my third home game of the season! I've been to more away matches this year.

I doubt it as I'm back in Oxford now and shan't be able to get back. :sigh: My brothers are Brentford home season ticket holders and will be at the Southend game, so they're fairly confident of getting tickets to the third-round game if Brentford are so lucky as to progress. :colonhash: I wish I could, but it just doesn't seem feasible currently.
Original post by billyblademan
Any Blades out there?

...Nope, thought not :cool:

ipswichblade posts in here sometimes, but I think she's just moved house so she isn't around all that much.

Original post by KingMessi
I doubt it as I'm back in Oxford now and shan't be able to get back. :sigh: My brothers are Brentford home season ticket holders and will be at the Southend game, so they're fairly confident of getting tickets to the third-round game if Brentford are so lucky as to progress. :colonhash: I wish I could, but it just doesn't seem feasible currently.

Ah well you're fine then as long as you can do a few favours for your brothers! They should be able to get two tickets each, I think. The Chelsea game has got to be worth coming back from Oxford for!
I'm really starting to like Huddersfield as an away trip - in october it had student prices and unreserved seating, now for the cup match it's a 10er for an adult and a 5er for under-18's. Some brilliant pricing there.

Oh, and what the **** is going on with Blackburn, making an approach for Michael Appleton - I don't get it, what has he actually done as a manager to be so in demand?

Latest