The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
why are people still entertaining this pathetic little thread???
I actually can't believe some people are still sooooo flipping ignorant!!!
Haven't you seen dark supermodels before? :coma:
luvChildXx
why are people still entertaining this pathetic little thread???
I actually can't believe some people are still sooooo flipping ignorant!!!

what the flip, right?
evantej
I would suggest that all non-white races to some extent idealise what you call '[C]aucasian features/attributes'; it is probably a cultural consequence of colonialism, where Caucasian features/attributes (not just physical attributes either) are seen as superior to native features/attributes (light is better/dark is worse), thus it is generally unavoidable.

Is that why so many Caucasians use sunbeds to get a tan and even go to the extreme of going orange.
Reply 24
SuperGuy
Such an ignorant view. :nah:

It has been happening since the Roman times so I doubt my ignorance is the problem to be honest.
So the mods end the thread about EMA because and i QUOTE " WE DONT NEED TO HEAR THIS ARGUMENT AGAIN" yet they continously allow these race threads...particualrly black related to go on until serious abuse is made....seems suspicious to me...
Reply 26
all gone wrong
Is that why so many Caucasians use sunbeds to get a tan and even go to the extreme of going orange.

The two are unrelated, and you are doing a great disservice to the importance of ethnicity/race by suggesting this analogy. Tanning is mere aesthetics; a case of what it is perceived to be more culturally attractive.
Reply 27
snowshine
You're making a huge generalization here.
Which part of England do you live in? How often do you observe this?

Personally, I'm offended at your assertion. I'd like to think that "black guys" aren't shallow enough to just go for a girl because "the darker [the girl], the rubbisher".
I hope no one is that shallow.

Personality of course plays a part in the equation as does environment and circumstance.
All these variables (and many more I haven't included) affect relationships.

Oh i live in london! I observe it all the timee, my litlle cousins and sisters dont think theyre beautiful, and if you ask them why, its because they dont have long hair and they arent light skinned, as though those are the only things u need to be attractive.

I dont meand to like offend people or anything..
but even when i look on music videos (or atleast when i was younger and much more influential) in the Hip Hop RnB genre, I never really saw someone who i could relate to being portrayed as sexyy..

Maybe i blinked and missed it!

But what about the term blick? Some of my friends say they feel sorry for blick ppl, but i think we're all beautiful..

blick = blacker than black btw

Anywayss - I was just wundrin if neone else thought so too - but it doesnt matter dont worry

(I kno personlaity counts)
Reply 28
9MmBulletz
I've seen sexy black girls before. I just don't find their attitude particularly attractive. Actually , this goes for girls in general with the "inner city" attitude.

Hate this myth that black girls are rude, loud etc its all ******** guys just need to stop ******* with hood chicks. Or just stop making excuses as to why they can't get black girls.
Real Talk
Hate this myth that black girls are rude, loud etc its all ******** guys just need to stop ******* with hood chicks. Or just stop making excuses as to why they can't get black girls.

In my post , I referred to "inner city" girls in general i.e hoodrats rather than black girls. When I leave London I'll probably find different from the stereotype I'm experiencing here.
Reply 30
9MmBulletz
In my post , I referred to "inner city" girls in general i.e hoodrats rather than black girls. When I leave London I'll probably find different from the stereotype I'm experiencing here.

Aight I respect that.

Latest

Trending

Trending