The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I used an oh-so-stylish rucksack (now wearing out...) because I nearly always had two of those massive lever arch file things plus a load of textbooks, and it just seems silly to have a little handbag and then have to carry everything. Messenger bags look a bit better, but they don't always take the strain as well as a decent rucksack would, plus if you wear a bag with a strap on each shoulder, that kind of distributes the weight more evenly, so is better for your back.
Reply 21
Madelyn
I used an oh-so-stylish rucksack (now wearing out...) because I nearly always had two of those massive lever arch file things plus a load of textbooks, and it just seems silly to have a little handbag and then have to carry everything. Messenger bags look a bit better, but they don't always take the strain as well as a decent rucksack would, plus if you wear a bag with a strap on each shoulder, that kind of distributes the weight more evenly, so is better for your back.
:yy:
I love bags, so I actually own a lot anyway. However, I usually use a Topshop shoulder bag, like the one pictured below. I own a couple, and they actually hold a surprising amount of stuff. This is useful, as some teachers insist that I take my A4 folder to every lesson, so I will sometimes have 4 folders to carry, plus all the other crap I need.
Reply 23
Thanks for all your replies people! Made me feel better now...I thought most people would just carry folders n stuff, but I'd so much rather have a bag coz it gets annoying having to carry eveything! Can I just point out that that bag isn't actually the bag I've got, it's just a similar one. That style and brand but just different!

Anyway, thanks everyone!

MissSurfer
Reply 24
Black bag?
I have a karki messenger bag from burtons.
Reply 26
I have an Animal tote bag... it fits about 3 A4 folders in which should be ok, I think, seeing as I'll have a locker as well to keep stuff in...
oooo i got thne most gorgeous bag yesterday from dorothy perkins! :biggrin: its that soft leather but more the size of a mary poppins bag-perfect for all the crap i fit into my bag! not bad for £20 either!!!
Reply 28
I wish I still had a locker! I had one for the whole of years 7-11 but for some reason they take it off you when you start 6th form :frown: I don't know why...
Reply 29
In my college (iut goes from years 10-13) only the 6th form get lockers as there are hardly any.
Reply 30
Pixelated
Just something which can occupy my textbooks, lunch, and pads of paper; I'll carry folders and the like... A Tesco's carrier-bag would probably do the job for that, although I like to think I'm a bit more up-class than that, so perhaps a Waitrose one.

How about one from the Harrods Food Hall?
I bought a H&M side-strap bag. Immense amount of pockets. Weird colour.
MissSurfer
I wish I still had a locker! I had one for the whole of years 7-11 but for some reason they take it off you when you start 6th form :frown: I don't know why...

ooo i get a locker this year! woohoo! one of the perks of upper 6th! :biggrin:
I've just been on holiday ang got a practical shoulder bag for folders and eveything it was 28.00 euros bvut it is sturdy!!
Reply 34
I've got a huge 'Animal' backpack/rucksack that I've had since I was about 15~, I'm intending ti finally replace it this year, if I have days where theres too much crap and I can't fit it all in, I can always revert to my old bag.
ermm... sorry for sounding dumb, but what is a messenger bag? i mean what do they look like?

thanks

~cherry~
Reply 36
babynessontoast
Jane Norman type shoulder bags - sufficient and carry a surprising amount of crap!

Jane Norman plastic bags are great to put folders in! I had one last year to put all my folders in till I got to school and put them in my locker! They lasted me a couple of months and so everytime I wanted a new one it gave me an excuse to go shopping at Jane Norman! :wink:
I said to my mum once that Jane Norman should seriously think about selling their big plastic bags for about 50p to £1 each! They probably would make quite a profit! Ikea does that with their bags so couldn't Jane Norman do the same? :wink:
MissSurfer
I know this is pretty random but what bag are you gonna use/do you use for 6th form/college?

At my school in the lower years (ie. year 7-11) most people have those nike drawstring bags. They're alright for school I suppose but now I'm fed up with them and want something a bit more...um..stylish? I bought a shoulder satchel style bag a bit like this one http://www.onfire.co.uk/shop/proddetail.asp?prod=6061DSK&cat=15 but now i'm wondering whether it's too big - do most people just carry folders n stuff, and have a little handbag (girls) or pockets (boys)?

Can anyone advise me?

MissSurfer

from the look of that bag, it's way too small, you'll be surprised how many things you will be given for your lessons. all my bags are stylish but big! my fave is a satchel by gap, and although it's big, it's still not big enough, imo never buy a small bag, unless it's exam time, and you only have to bring your pencil case and a book.
Reply 38
~cherrykisses~
ermm... sorry for sounding dumb, but what is a messenger bag? i mean what do they look like?

thanks

~cherry~

Those shoudler satchel/side bags http://images.google.com/images?q=messenger%20bag&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&sa=N&tab=wi
It's all about the quicksilver ruck sack

Latest

Trending

Trending