The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I doubt very much the average income in Britain is £50k :rofl:

I'd guess it would be around £25-35k...
I'd guess more around the £20k mark, but then again, I know nothing. Except that £50k is a damn good annual salary which would be useful when trying to purchase a small ice cream factory...
Reply 3
I think £25k is more like for London, I am guessing about £21k is more average. Its no where near £50,000 at all. A lot of doctors don't even get that.
Thank you, I was just reading that MPs get around 50,000 a year and I was wondering how good that was. And also isn't Medecine socialized in the UK? thus docs receive gov't salaries, Maybe I'm wrong
Reply 5
Doctors usually work for the NHS, unless they are very good(ie, best in their field) and go private, when they usually earn £200k+ pa.
My uncle is GP, and he only earns £45k pa, which is pathetic for the amount of work he has to do.
I think that your average salary will be around £20,000, but for University graduates it will usually be a bit higher, although it depends on what degrees. For Law, you might get as an average salary well over £50,000. But for a married couple who both have full time jobs, then a joint income of £50,000 sounds reasonable, but I think the average for that would be closer to £40,000.
Reply 7
I think its £30K seeing as the EMA don't offer benefits above this salary. Its the average uk salary
Reply 8
its between £18-23k
Reply 9
flipflop2
I think its £30K seeing as the EMA don't offer benefits above this salary. Its the average uk salary

£30k on the assumption there are two incomes.
No way is the average UK salery £30k. I was say 15-22k in the North, maybe a few £000 higher in London.
Reply 10
The average UK salary is nowhere near £30k. If you think it is you do not live in the real world.

The average career salary for gradutes is only around £25k, for the nation as a whole it's about £17k.
Reply 11
its £60k in the City
£20k
addict
£30k on the assumption there are two incomes.
No way is the average UK salery £30k. I was say 15-22k in the North, maybe a few £000 higher in London.

Oh come on, where on earth is the average salary £15k???

I'd say in the UK it's around 22-35, depending where you go...
In the UK I'd say about £18k-£20k was the average, but I don't know.
Reply 15
At a guess I would think the average UK salary is around £16,000-£18,000 - those doing menial jobs or working part time will bring the average down considerably.
Reply 16
I hope this settles it

http://money.guardian.co.uk/pay/story/0,13871,1415864,00.html

Also the average UK graduate starting salary is £16,300.
AT82
I hope this settles it

http://money.guardian.co.uk/pay/story/0,13871,1415864,00.html

Also the average UK graduate starting salary is £16,300.

well done, someone who can be bothered to show some statistics rather than making random guesses. although the original poster could easily have googled for that in the first place! had a debate about this in the flat last term, had to google then too!
If in doubt check with the ONS
I would have also thought around £16-18k would be the average, as theres are loads of low paying jobs and the average is also pushed up by those earning £80k+ and who work in the City.

Latest

Trending

Trending