The Student Room Group

Sfe maintenance loan

when i initially started uni i had no clue about the average income of my mother and had a hard time communicating this to her as she isn’t good at english, i therefore received the minimum amount which has made it very hard to live. i recently found documents stating her annual income and hence we submitted the income form to sfe. will i be able to receive my loan even though i am in the middle of term 2. can additional payments be made and how quick will this be done? somebody help meeee 😵*💫
Yes - it usually takes 6-8 weeks for SFE to complete household income assessment but once it’s done you will get a new payment schedule which will include “back pay” for the instalments that have already been paid.

Have you spoken to your university about hardship funding to help you manage your finances while you wait for the household income assessment?
Original post by 1au777
when i initially started uni i had no clue about the average income of my mother and had a hard time communicating this to her as she isn’t good at english, i therefore received the minimum amount which has made it very hard to live. i recently found documents stating her annual income and hence we submitted the income form to sfe. will i be able to receive my loan even though i am in the middle of term 2. can additional payments be made and how quick will this be done? somebody help meeee 😵*💫

Hi there,

You have 9 months from the start of the academic year to apply for finance. If you start in September you you can still apply for this. If you originally applied and now wish to change this, you would need to complete the Include Household Income Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_nmt_to_mt_form_2324_o.pdf and your parents to complete the PFF2 Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

Once completed, you can upload this online in your account under the evidence upload option. This link shows you how here https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk

Once received, it's currently taking 10 working days to process. Our timescales are estimates and can change daily up or down depending on how busy we are. If the team need anything else they will email you, it may go to your junk folder.

Once updated and approved, this will reflect online and then you will receive paperwork in the post.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Yes - it usually takes 6-8 weeks for SFE to complete household income assessment but once it’s done you will get a new payment schedule which will include “back pay” for the instalments that have already been paid.

Have you spoken to your university about hardship funding to help you manage your finances while you wait for the household income assessment?

Tysm for the reply!

I’m confused about the notion of backpay? Do I payback the payments I’ve made or it something else? Also the payments come as soon as the income assessment is completed or does it take a couple weeks too?

No, I haven’t asked nor told my university for help, i thought SFE was the only one giving financial help.
Original post by 1au777
Tysm for the reply!

I’m confused about the notion of backpay? Do I payback the payments I’ve made or it something else? Also the payments come as soon as the income assessment is completed or does it take a couple weeks too?

No, I haven’t asked nor told my university for help, i thought SFE was the only one giving financial help.

Hi there, The back payments are payments that will be paid to you if you are eligible for this higher amount of Maintenance Loan funding. If you are awarded more funding a payment would be generated straight away and then any other outstanding payments will be paid on the expected payment dates of your current funding. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending