The Student Room Group

As Aqa Psychology Unit 2 Revision June 10th!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Noodlzzz
You have to know some studies sure, It just seems that people are concentrating on every study in great detail when it is really not necessary, and your time is so much better spent on theory. Sure you would get marks for giving research, but deffinatley not on every question.

No, knowing studies does not mean you know theory. For example take conformity, you can know the ins and out's of Asch, but then you only know compliance. The time spent learning figure after figure you could have learnt the who section on reasons, types, independent behavior etc. which is a) more likely to come up than explain research into x (normally only 1 question on the whole paper is that) and b) if it's asking for theory, your not going to get marks for including research

I see what you mean but its just cuz in mark schemes, I saw that most of the time they were crediting research studies.. Of course I'm not saying to revise each study in great detail but however they are useful. I definitely agree with you that more time should be spent on theory.
Reply 41
does anyone have a copy of January 2010 unit 2 they could send me?
omg major panic... some how i have lost my behavioural approach booklet!

and are people learning albert ellis, the rational emotive therapy?

god im stressed, i have to cover everything today :frown:
Reply 43
so anyone got any idea of any questions that might come up?
Reply 44
Tomorrow will be the third time I've done this paper. I'm good at Psycholoy generally (got 100% in unit 3) but can't seem to get where I want to be on this paper.

It's social psychology I always lose marks on. In the January paper especially, the questions were worded so badly.
Reply 45
paxford1
does anyone have a copy of January 2010 unit 2 they could send me?

I don't have a digital copy but I have my script back. I can post a list of which topics came up on the paper if you like.
Reply 46
haithere
I don't have a digital copy but I have my script back. I can post a list of which topics came up on the paper if you like.

i'd appreciate it if you did that too :smile:
Reply 47
mrkez2000
i'd appreciate it if you did that too :smile:

Okay, here it is..

Jan 2010 Unit 2
Biological:
Outline the main features of the pituitary-adrenal system
Stress/wound healing
Analysing a graph
Personality factors effecting stress response
Stress in the workplace (6 marks)

Social:
Internalisation/compliance
Analysing a graph
Strengths of a lab study
Locus of control/who is more likely to resist pressure to conform
Social influence research in social change (6 marks)

Individual differences:
(12 mark) 'Discuss two or more definitions of abnormality'
Outline two psychological approaches to psychopathology
Systematic desensitization
Reply 48
Could anyone help me with social change/social control?

Also with stress and the immune system. I know about Cohen and Kiecolt-Glaser's research studies and what they did/what they found, but they don't explain how or why stress affects the individual..?
Reply 49
mehhh.....hi.
omg major panic... some how i have lost my behavioural approach booklet!

and are people learning albert ellis, the rational emotive therapy?

god im stressed, i have to cover everything today :frown:

Same :frown: today I gotta spend the whole time revising for all three sections :| So scared.

And yeah, Personally I'd say Ellis is a good one to learn, since he explains cognitive approach.
esachica
Same :frown: today I gotta spend the whole time revising for all three sections :| So scared.

And yeah, Personally I'd say Ellis is a good one to learn, since he explains cognitive approach.

Focus on the theory for social influence, I'm doing that now and most of the stuff to learn is theory and not as many studies as I had originally thought. Also FLASHCARDS for quick bursts of knowledge!
Hey everyone, so what do you think the 12 mark questions could be on because i think its highly likely its on biological psychology... does anyone have any past papers becuase i was looking for the 2010 one and cant find it :eek3:
Reply 52
Guys, learn your 12 markers for life changes that has NEVER come up in any of the exams
nor has: Psychological methods for stress management (hardiness training + S.I.T)
>Explanations of why people conform including normative+social influence.
>biological therapies including drugs and ECT.

other things I think have a strong chance are: definitions of abnormality (deviations from norms ect), types of conformity including compliance too, as well as key features of behavioural approach. questions on these have come up on ALL the exams since jan 09

My teacher made this table with each section in a collum, the exams in a row and there's a tick on what sections have come up in exams. I think it should be quite helpful :smile:
I wish I could somehow get it on here but I cant. :/
under the personality factors section what exactly do you need to know for friedman because as far as im aware there is no real case study..just that he came up with the characteristics for tab by studying patients with coronary heart disease? also which case studies do people think are most important for social psychology and the last section?
Reply 54
rebeccabroadbent
Hey everyone, so what do you think the 12 mark questions could be on because i think its highly likely its on biological psychology... does anyone have any past papers becuase i was looking for the 2010 one and cant find it :eek3:

The biological approach was the 12 marker for jan 09, so I don't think it will come up. my teacher said learn biological therapies as that has never come up. :smile:
Reply 55
Noodlzzz
Nope don't mention treatment unless it asks for it!

You would outline each section and evaluate so:

small intro
Point
Evaluate
point
evaulate
point
evaluate
conclusion + oppinion

Thanks for clearing that up :smile:
help what studies is everyone learning???? wht was the name of the studies that look into stress related in work?????? i know jonhsons ones with the two group and they measured the amount of hormone in there urine but there was another one i cant find it :frown: where there is 2 group one has a easy job and the other has to finish the product off properly and neatly otherwise they dont get paid
Happilyme
The biological approach was the 12 marker for jan 09, so I don't think it will come up. my teacher said learn biological therapies as that has never come up. :smile:

oh okay thanks :smile:
Reply 58
How long is the exam?
Anddd, how many marks for the whole paper?
Kristiipop
How long is the exam?
Anddd, how many marks for the whole paper?

its a lovely hour and a half paper with i think 100 marks?:indiff: :shot:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending