The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i don't think that's fair though......................it's not the parents fault they've got a disease etc..
Reply 2
caz
What do you think? For instance, if there is mental illness, or skin disease, or other diseases...crippling diseases, and just about anything severe that would be negative to have.

I won't give my opinion on the matter.

No. The act is deplorable.

Slippery slope arguments.
caz
What do you think? For instance, if there is mental illness, or skin disease, or other diseases...crippling diseases, and just about anything severe that would be negative to have.

i do not think that this correct !!! They do stand a chance to continue their generation !!!
Reply 4
i really wanna know :smile: u'r opinion Caz!
Reply 5
caz
OP
Saf!
i really wanna know :smile: u'r opinion Caz!

i better stay outta this one
Reply 6
Its difficult you can't make it illegal its not fair all parents should be entitled to have kids, if their parents are on drugs etc thats a different matter I shall not go into here.

I had a friends that had a genetic diesese called Jeans. It meant he had a very poor imeune system. He sadly died when he was aged 14. His brother had it and it as well and died when he was 12.

Ian may have died young but he had a happy live even if it was only a very short one. I am sure his parents got 14 years of pleasure from him and so did all his friends. I am certainly glad he was born and than not. Sorry if this is slightly badly worded I am just slightly emotional.
Reply 7
The Nazis tried this...
Reply 8
caz
OP
amazingtrade
Its difficult you can't make it illegal its not fair all parents should be entitled to have kids, if their parents are on drugs etc thats a different matter I shall not go into here.

I had a friends that had a genetic diesese called Jeans. It meant he had a very poor imeune system. He sadly died when he was aged 14. His brother had it and it as well and died when he was 12.

Ian may have died young but he had a happy live even if it was only a very short one. I am sure his parents got 14 years of pleasure from him and so did all his friends. I am certainly glad he was born and than not. Sorry if this is slightly badly worded I am just slightly emotional.

But if there were no more traces of this immune disease, he would have been born into a better body, would he not? Unless you believe in Karma and assume it would have gotten him some other way.
Reply 9
caz
i better stay outta this one

hmmmmmmmm!............i think i know u'r opinion! :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 10
caz
OP
MadNatSci
The Nazis tried this...

I don't believe they did, I thought they tried making a master race? Negative traits have no racial boundaries, though they may appear more commonly in one race as opposed to the other (for obvious evolutional reasons).
Reply 11
caz
OP
Saf!
hmmmmmmmm!............i think i know u'r opinion! :biggrin: :wink:

or do you...? :biggrin:
Reply 12
caz
But if there were no more traces of this immune disease, he would have been born into a better body, would he not? Unless you believe in Karma and assume it would have gotten him some other way.

If he didn't have the diesese we would have missed on a lot of nice things he got because of his illness although I admit I am sure he would have rather had a normal life style without the dieseese.

I think this is all a bit deep for me.
Reply 13
caz

u can't completely stop diseases........................new ones form every now and then...................and it would be impossible to stop a huge number of ppl from having kids!
Reply 14
caz

no way - it think that's really harsh and it's discrimination.
Reply 15
caz
OP
amazingtrade
If he didn't have the diesese we would have missed on a lot of nice things he got because of his illness although I admit I am sure he would have rather had a normal life style without the dieseese.

I think this is all a bit deep for me.

That seems a bit selfish. If he had not been born at all there was nothing to really lose, nor gain. Assuming "souls" exist, then he would have been born into some other body, and led a more self-pleasing life, as opposed to you who believe people deserve to suffer because they can make other people happy.
Reply 16
caz
OP
Saf!
u can't completely stop diseases........................new ones form every now and then...................and it would be impossible to stop a huge number of ppl from having kids!

But it would help!
Tinykates

i second him !!!
Reply 18
caz
OP
Tinykates

Also true! Although there is adoption, and surely most of the time ONE of the parents would be legally able to have children, so at least half of the kid is from the parents
Reply 19
caz
That seems a bit selfish. If he had not been born at all there was nothing to really lose, nor gain. Assuming "souls" exist, then he would have been born into some other body, and led a more self-pleasing life, as opposed to you who believe people deserve to suffer because they can make other people happy.

I never said that anybody deserved to suffer. He didn't suffer most of his life anyway even when he was ill he was quite happy. His mind was always active and he knew from an early age he would not make it past 20.

If he wasn't born into that body he may never have been born at all and I am sure he was glad he born. I admit he did once break down into tears when in front of me due to it all but other than that he was happy.

Latest

Trending

Trending