The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Butterfly3210
Anyone doing initial teacher training at Didsbury MMU??? I'm staying at Wilmslow Park, is that near enough to get to Didsbury in the morning? Please help!

lol not really you could have lived in didsbury!

But it shouldnt be too bad....i'd say 15min bus ride on a pretty traffic free day
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
at least you'll be going in the opposite direction to most other people!

i know quite a few people doing teacher training at didsbury, they all love it!
Reply 3
Hmm. Do you think anybody else will be travelling from wilmslow to didsbury too in the mornings? Am very worried now.
Butterfly3210
Hmm. Do you think anybody else will be travelling from wilmslow to didsbury too in the mornings? Am very worried now.

who knows....do you really care? You just get on a bus sit down then get off lol...its not hard dont worry...just make sure you get on the right didsbury bus....theres east and west
Reply 5
How often do the buses come? i always get lost so that's why i'm a bit freaked out.
Butterfly3210
How often do the buses come? i always get lost so that's why i'm a bit freaked out.

buses are stupidly frequent on oxford/wilmslow road. every 2/3mins. just find out which one you need when you arrive! you'll be fine its one long road.
Reply 7
yeah that will be fine, i lived in didsbury last year and took the bus into uni every day. You *really* should have gone into broomhurst hall though :wink:. Catered, biggest rooms out of all the halls and just over the road from didsbury campus. Most of the people in there last year were doing primary teaching.
Reply 8
I know, it worries me that i'd find it harder to make friends because i'd be so far from everyone on my course. Do you know anything about Wilmslow Park? Is it a friendy hall? Will there be lots of first years there?
Reply 9
Butterfly3210
Anyone doing initial teacher training at Didsbury MMU??? I'm staying at Wilmslow Park, is that near enough to get to Didsbury in the morning? Please help!

I guess you've already found out whether it's close enough or not so I won't bother replying to that but just to let you know that I'm at MMU Didsbury doing BA (Hons) Primary Ed. I'm in my third year.

If you want any help with anything there is a website set up by MMU Primary education students which might be of interest to you and anyone else doing the same course: www.coregroupone.co.uk :smile:
I know someone doing social work at Disbury and she lives in Victoria Halls so it is do-able....just not as convenient as it could be. You'll be fine...!

Latest

Trending

Trending