The Student Room Group

Adult nursing at mmu

Hi all,

I’ve applied to Adult Nursing at MMU and waiting to an interview.
I wanted to ask if anyone can share their experiences of studying there. For example what is their timetable like, placements, hours, any holidays and when.

Also, anything else that you may think is useful.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Smiley91
Hi all,

I wanted to ask if anyone can share their experiences of studying there. For example what is their timetable like, placements, hours, any holidays and when.

Thanks!

My wife has just completed a three year course there having started in lockdown. Things were tough for the first year but starters now are getting a much better deal. MMU is streets ahead of Manchester Uni in terms of course provision although it is a tough call between MMU and Salford. Salford appear to run a much more rigorous course and drive their students harder meaning better nurses at the end of the course. By contrast, Manchester seem to dine out solely on 1824 and leave their students to find there own way.

On balance, MMU is recommended. In your interview, make sure you give them a good grilling. Why to MMU feel you should go there rather than elsewhere? What are the extras? How will they support you? Go for it!

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by hotpud
My wife has just completed a three year course there having started in lockdown. Things were tough for the first year but starters now are getting a much better deal. MMU is streets ahead of Manchester Uni in terms of course provision although it is a tough call between MMU and Salford. Salford appear to run a much more rigorous course and drive their students harder meaning better nurses at the end of the course. By contrast, Manchester seem to dine out solely on 1824 and leave their students to find there own way.

On balance, MMU is recommended. In your interview, make sure you give them a good grilling. Why to MMU feel you should go there rather than elsewhere? What are the extras? How will they support you? Go for it!

Good luck!

Thank you - this all sounds really positive. I was told by clearing I would hear back in 1-2 weeks, hopefully, sooner rather than later.

I completed a degree and PGCE with Manchester Uni and do not wish to return there. I've heard Salford and MMU are the better deal.

Please can you tell me how starters are now getting a better deal?

I'm actually changing careers, but luckily I haven't been in my current year for long - teaching.

I'm not saying nursing will be easier, but the pros definitely outway the cons.
Reply 3
Original post by Smiley91
Hi all,

Thanks!

I know that you get 10 weeks holiday off a year in your first year, you’re given a year overview when you join nursing buddies - i’m not fully sure on time table for mmu i would like to know more myself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending