The Student Room Group

My 11 Year Old Bro, was hit by a 45 year old Chinese Man

My brother and one of his mates went up to the shop round the corner from my street a few hours ago, and at the top of my road is another shop, and the entrance to the UPSTAIRS of this shop, is in my street, but the entrance to the shop is round the corner. There was a gang of lads kicking the shutters of the closed shop, and the owner was pissed off, the lads kicking the shutters bailed when the chinese man came out, the man mistook my bro and his mate for the lads kicking the shutters.

He then grabbed hold of my brother and whacked him on the head, he then kicked him on the back of his leg, he then got hold of my bros mate, and slapped him across the face, they hadnt even done anything wrong, they were coming home after going to the shop. They told my mum, and my bros mates dad, the police were called but they havent been round to check anything out yet. My brothers mate went slightly OTT and was crying, and my mum was fuming that my brother was hit for no reason, not ony hit.. but hurt as well.

People have been knocking at the house, but the man has been sitting there keeping watch, rumour has it that he has been sitting at the window with a shotgun. Someone tried to kick the door in, but it didnt work, so all we can do now is wait for the police. Im just fuming that my brother was kicked and slapped for no reason whatsoever, and fair enougnt the man made a mistake, but he is twice the size of my brother, who was ******** one at the time, and if I come across this chinese man then I swear Im gonna ask him what the hell he thought he was doing, adults dont hit kids, whether they did something wrong or not. IMO, the only people who should hit you are your Mum or Dad, noone else especially not some random stranger.

And shouldnt the police have been round by now, they were called 5 hours ago? Just let me know what you think about the incident.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
c'est la vie - teach your bro about the whole wrong place wrong time thing and maybe he'll be smart enough to avoid such situations in future
Reply 2
ditto
Reply 3
^Yeah, thats all well and good but have you thought about the psychological effects? He could have nightmares or anything, its alrite saying wrong place wrong time, but his leg is bruised, and he has a lump on his head, FOR NOT DOING ANYTHING wrong.
Reply 4
The police probably won't be around until tomorrow morning, it's what they usually do.
Reply 5
I seriously doubt he is sitting with a shotgun. Also, what's the relevance that he's Chinese?
Kontroversial
And shouldnt the police have been round by now, they were called 5 hours ago? Just let me know what you think about the incident.

You white? I wouldn't bank on seeing the cops for some time and I definitely wouldn't expect anything to be done about it.

ps. However, if you're black then no doubt this "Despicable, unprovoked racial-attack on defenceless children" will be quite close to the front page of our newspapers.
Reply 7
Well my bros mates dad was gonna smash the chinese mans face in, might not be the right way to go about things, but it would make him feel a whole lot better, and Im not being funny or anything but if it was an English adult hitting a chinese boy, Im sure the word racism would be thrown into the equation.
Reply 8
Unfortunately, they probably won't/can't do anything. Hm.

Shame, really.
Reply 9
foxo
I seriously doubt he is sitting with a shotgun. Also, what's the relevance that he's Chinese?

There is no relevance, just thought I would point it out, you know what would happen if it was the other way round.
omg!! You should definately report him! I cant believe the police havent done anything yet?! Like today, my dad just came back a few hours ago and a drunk man was annoying him and tripped over the side of the car and fell down. My dad phoned the police just incase and they phoned back in 10mins to come to the station..etc. I think you should definately phone the police again and be there for your bro because he had a shock. And i totally agree with you 100& on the whole random stranger hitting a young boy. :mad: Makes me so angry with some people who do that!
Anyway, good luck with the incident and hope your bro and bro's mate are fine :smile:
Reply 11
Kontroversial
Well my bros mates dad was gonna smash the chinese mans face in, might not be the right way to go about things, but it would make him feel a whole lot better, and Im not being funny or anything but if it was an English adult hitting a chinese boy, Im sure the word racism would be thrown into the equation.

you;re right about that

and racism being drawn into it? *******s. if it was exactly the same situation there would be no question of racism being a factor - it's not like there's any racial tension between hites and eats asians anyway
Reply 12
dogtanian
Unfortunately, they probably won't/can't do anything. Hm.

Shame, really.

Hm, you are probably right.

How do you know? It is a rough area.
Kontroversial

...but they probably would do something for a proper kicking. The police'll have emergencies to deal with, and the drunk kids spilling onto the streets about now. Sounds like this bloke's going nowhere, so wait til tomorrow.
Xanthe
that's how the police are like.

In English?

MB
Reply 15
If he did that to my brother i would go round there myself and see how he likes being slapped.
james101
If he did that to my brother i would go round there myself and see how he likes being slapped.

lol probaly what my dad will do but it'll just make the matter worse.
Kontroversial
There is no relevance, just thought I would point it out, you know what would happen if it was the other way round.

Well, to be fair, the fact that you chose to highlight his race suggests that it matters to you, and that you thought about it beyond it being a useful description for the police to go on.

Given the young age of the brother, I still don't think it would be considered to be racially motivated if it happened 'the other way round', as 'twere. Just that the older bloke was a loonpie.
Reply 18
SketchyCanvas
omg!!

quite.

mmm... well i'm all for people defending their property, so i'm siding with the chinese man. i'm your brother isn't going to be scarred for life, and it'll probably do him some good to be shown what happens when you piss people off.
Reply 19
Kontroversial
just thought I would point it out, you know what would happen if it was the other way round.

What a load of crap! Race has nothing to do with this as far as I can see. A man hit a boy, end of.

Latest

Trending

Trending