The Student Room Group

Psychology AS AQA Results 19th August 2010

I am incredibly suprised at the amount of AS students, who only just about scrapped their AS level by receiving an E. This includes myself.

Being a hard-working and dedicated student to the subject, I was quite shocked that I could only achieve an E out of it. I do not mean to sound big headed, but if I were to ask for a reference from my Psychology teacher, it would say that I am a really good student that completes excellent work and always tries her hardest.

I thought that I did moderately okay in the exam but obviously not. I understand that it is obviously down to me for getting that result and that I obviously did something wrong, but I would just like to know if anyone else feels this way or knew someone who didn't do too well in that exam either.

I guess I'll just have to work harder for my resists in January :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I also got an E in my AS AQA Psychology exam...
I am not happy about it at all...
I worked hard and I thought that I did well in the exam, but clearly I didn't do well enough...
Most of the people in my school just about got an E aswell...
This means that I am going to have to work so much harder next year and I am not looking forward to it...
I thought I would have got at least a D...
I am hoping to get a C in psychology by the end of next year...
But I am hoping to get A's and B's in my other subjects...
Good Luck 4 your A2's...
Reply 2
have you thought about getting a remark?
Reply 3
No I never thought about that...
But if I do get a remark I'm not sure if it will make that much of a difference...
So I'm going to see if I can retake it in january...
Reply 4
Ahhh same! I'm sorry to hear you didn't do as well as you thought, but I am glad I'm not the only one. Hmm, I don't know whether it's worth the remark or not, as Niecey pointed out it wont make much of a difference anyway. We shall just have to retake :frown:

Thank you for your responses :smile: xx
Reply 5
If you think you didn't deserve an E and that it might have been a mistake on the markers side then definitely get a remark. If not, then you have to rethink your options. :smile:
Reply 6
Ok, perhaps I shall then x
Reply 7
I really never thought that A Levels would be this hard...
But I'm planning to stick it out because I really want to go to university...
I just hope that I manage to get the grades that i want by the end of next year...
Hi I'm sorry to hear that your results weren't as good as you hoped. As a teacher I frequently feel frustrated for my students who I know work hard but then don't do as well as they would like in the exams.

With regards to the remark, it is worth having a thought about it but can I suggest you start by asking for a copy of your paper back. You and your teacher could then have a look to see whether you feel you were short changed by the markers. It is also much cheaper than going straight for a remark. In addition if you do decide to retake then you could have a look to see how you could improve your answers.

A word of caution. You need to act fast if you are going to get the paper back - within the next week if it is going to arrive in time to decide about remarks. I must also add that I have asked for remarks in the past and had little success in improving people's marks even when it was clear that they deserved a higher grade.:mad: Sorry to end on a down note but best of luck whatever you decide.
Reply 9
i got a D in as psychology last year then in a retake scraped a C! but then this year i got a B and an A in my two A2 papers giving me a C overall. tbh i think the AS paper is really stupid and the type of questions are just a bit of a memory test
Reply 10
How do I go about getting my paper back..?
Reply 11
Didn't you get a handout about remarks/copies with the results?
Reply 12
No...
All I was given was my results...
And that was it...
So I don't know what to do...
Reply 13
There is a little bit about it at the end of the wiki article here. I think you need to get in touch with your school/college and talk to them about a remark- they help you to arrange it.
Reply 14
Katie_louise
There is a little bit about it at the end of the wiki article here. I think you need to get in touch with your school/college and talk to them about a remark- they help you to arrange it.

Thanks for your help but I am surprised that I wasn't informed about this when I was at school...
Reply 15
I am gutted. I got an A in module one and came out with a C overall...I thought the paper went better than that. Way better. But I dont know if there's any point in getting a remark...
Many people perform badly in Psychology. I don't really know why...maybe it's the subjective marking? Many people in my year got U-Ds.....this shows why the grade boundaries are so absurdly low.
Reply 17
I thought the paper was, well not INCREDIBLY easy, but I didnt think I got lower than a C on it. I got the best set of questions I could which is why I am tempted to ask for a remark because it could go pear shaped up in January.
Reply 18
Tw1x
I thought the paper was, well not INCREDIBLY easy, but I didnt think I got lower than a C on it. I got the best set of questions I could which is why I am tempted to ask for a remark because it could go pear shaped up in January.

I think a C grade is good grade compared to mine...
Lol...
But if you think that you have done better then an overall C then would be good for you to get a remark...
I've jsut got my fingers crossed than january's paper is much better than the last one...
Reply 19
I got an E in my resit for Unit one, the same mark as the one done in January.
But luckily i got a C overall, Unit two i got a fairly high B.
So hopefully i can somehow resit that for a THIRD time.
Christ i hate Research Methods :|

Latest

Trending

Trending