The Student Room Group

Keele Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3300
Original post by sighbeans
does anyone know whether keele does the white coat ceremony at the beginning of the year?

never heard of unis in the uk doing this. at keele you have a morning to sign all your forms buy your white coats for the course and meet your pbl class but there is no official ceremony
Original post by sarah1991
haha must say that is a very old quote, enjoying time off uni? :biggrin: congratulations on making it thru the first year :tongue:

i'm on a gap year so already unconditional but yes the wait is nervewracking ....good luck to everyone and see you in september :h:

Thanks! I'm enjoyed having a break from manic revising and working at the beginning of the holiday, but I have to say now I just want to get back and get on with it. Nearly 4 months off feels a bit excessive and I'm just getting bored tbh.

does anyone know whether keele does the white coat ceremony at the beginning of the year?

No white coat ceremony - you will probably have a "welcome reception" which they made sound all exciting. 'Drinks reception with refreshments' translated to a table with some coke and squash with wotsits and chocolate fingers... XD Then they gave out awards for high acheivement in first year for the new second years, I guess to inspire us to work hard, and some of the senior staff gave a few little speechlets.

Enjoy the first week of "introductory lectures" to this that and anything else under the sun they can think of to introduce you to!!
Original post by DrGalago
No white coat ceremony - you will probably have a "welcome reception" which they made sound all exciting. 'Drinks reception with refreshments' translated to a table with some coke and squash with wotsits and chocolate fingers... XD Then they gave out awards for high acheivement in first year for the new second years, I guess to inspire us to work hard, and some of the senior staff gave a few little speechlets.

Supposedly there will be wine this year - but don't count on it!
Original post by DrGalago
Thanks! I'm enjoyed having a break from manic revising and working at the beginning of the holiday, but I have to say now I just want to get back and get on with it. Nearly 4 months off feels a bit excessive and I'm just getting bored tbh.

Enjoy the first week of "introductory lectures" to this that and anything else under the sun they can think of to introduce you to!!

LOL better than nothing I guess! I'm completely excited for all of it and who's coming early for the wine? :P
This thread has died a bit but the PBL groups are now up people :smile:
Original post by Sparko13
This thread has died a bit but the PBL groups are now up people :smile:

yep..group 2 :biggrin:
Reply 3306
My one still hasnt been put up yet :frown:

I'm two whole groups better than you; group 4 :aetsch: Getting excited now?
Original post by Jonnaius
My one still hasnt been put up yet :frown:

did u find out? :tongue:

no it goes second the best, 3rd the one with the hairy chest, 4th the golden eagle :lol:
even children know 2nd is the best :yep:
excited yet nervous :erm: you? :biggrin:
Reply 3309
did u find out? :tongue:

Yeah, I'm in 10!

...where does this fit in on the 'bestness' ratings exactly?
Yeah, I'm in 10!

haha 10 nice,,, ive onli found two people in my group so far :s-smilie:
ermm lol dont know dont remember the rhyme that far :tongue:

i'm in group 4 too! :biggrin:
Reply 3312
haha 10 nice,,, ive onli found two people in my group so far :s-smilie:
ermm lol dont know dont remember the rhyme that far :tongue:

Facebook's good for finding people if you use the 'Medical freshers' group :smile:
Facebook's good for finding people if you use the 'Medical freshers' group :smile:

yeh i am on the facebook group :h:
no it goes second the best, 3rd the one with the hairy chest, 4th the golden eagle :lol:
even children know 2nd is the best :yep:
excited yet nervous :erm: you? :biggrin:
Yeh i am a little nervous; even more so now that i have finished work so that means i've got 1 week left to pack etc :cool: Well i only know the rhyme up to 3 but there appears to be a lot of different versions; one says 4th is the king :biggrin:

Yeah, I'm in 10!

Without a shirt or the fat hen depending on what version you use?! :iiam:

i'm in group 4 too! :biggrin:
Wooo what are the chances hey? You'll have to PM your real name because i am unable to work out who sighbeans really is based on the list of given names haha - i am sure you can work out who i am :rolleyes:
Reply 3315

Without a shirt or the fat hen depending on what version you use?! :iiam:

I'l take without a shirt. It's probably more likely at freshers - though knowing Keele, a fat hen's probably possible....
Yeh i am a little nervous; even more so now that i have finished work so that means i've got 1 week left to pack etc :cool: Well i only know the rhyme up to 3 but there appears to be a lot of different versions; one says 4th is the king :biggrin:

haha i've still got shopping left to do too :five: and going out tomorrow then again thursday so dont know when im going to get it all.........and i just left work yesterday cant believe i wud eva say this but actually enjoyed it :tongue:
ha really i've never heard 4th is the king :biggrin:

I'l take without a shirt. It's probably more likely at freshers - though knowing Keele, a fat hen's probably possible....

ha yeh without a shirt shud go down a hit :wink:
haha i've still got shopping left to do too :five: and going out tomorrow then again thursday so dont know when im going to get it all.........and i just left work yesterday cant believe i wud eva say this but actually enjoyed it :tongue:
ha really i've never heard 4th is the king :biggrin:

I treated myself to a new mattress protector, duvet quilt and pillows - i really know how to rock the boat. :thumbsup: Everything else can wait until say maybe Thursday and the packing can wait until maybe Friday :yep:

Same PBL Group 2 !!
Reply 3319
PBL group 11 !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending